CHAPTER 35

MONDAY
2:00 PM

Jordan walked out of the bathroom and continued to walk back to her desk when she bumped into some. That's when papers fell to the floor.

"I'm so sorry", Jordan said.

"It's okay", he replied as he bent down to pick up the paper.

Jordan bent down to pick up the papers too.

The guy looked at her before he stood up. Jordan stood up too and handed him the paper as she looked at him. He was a white young guy with dark brown hair.

"You're new right?", Jordan asked.

"Yes I just started last week", he replied. "You're the CEO's assistant right.

"And also his girlfriend", Jordan thought to herself. She didn't saw that out loud because Tyquez and Jordan didn't want people at work to know because that'll be something for them to gossip about.

"Yea. I'm his assistant", Jordan replied.

He nods as he looks her up and down.

"I don't see how he gets any work done with you. You're gorgeous", he said.

Jordan smiled a little.

"Thank you. I appreciate it but I should get back to work and so should you so I'm going to let you go", Jordan said.

"Yea. Of course. I didn't catch your name", he said.

"Jordan", Jordan replied.

"My name is Adam", Adam replied. "But I hope you have a good rest of your day Jordan"

Adam started walking.

"Same to you", Jordan said as she watched him pass her as she started walking to her desk. She faced forward and she saw Tyquez looking for her.

She got closer to Tyquez.

"You looking for me?", Jordan asked.

"Yea. Where's the printed contract?", Tyquez asked.

"I was just going to do that. I had to use the bathroom first", Jordan said.

"You've been gone from your desk for about 10 minutes now Jordan", Tyquez said. "It doesn't take that long to use the bathroom.

"I was talking to Adam. I bumped into him and paper went everywhere so I was helping him pick it up", Jordan replied. "I'm going to get the contract from the printer now"

"Adam? Adam that guy I just hired right?", Tyquez asked.

"Yes", Jordan replied.

"Oh alright", Tyquez said. "But hurry up and get the contract please. I need it"

"On it now", Jordan said as she started walking away.

Jordan didn't feel any type of way about Tyquez talking to her like that because at the end of the day he was her boss and he had to get business done.

Tyquez walked into his office.

After Jordan got the contract, she walked into Tyquez's office. "Here's the contract", Jordan said as she put it on the desk.

"Thank you", Tyquez replied as he picked it up.

Jordan stood there with her arms folded.

Tyquez looked at her and let loud a deep breath as he sat back.

"What?", he asked. "All day you've been looking at me crazy"

"I just wanna know what was up with you yesterday", Jordan said.

"Nothing", Tyquez said.

"Ty, you took me home", Jordan said.

"Because you had to work today. You didn't have your clothes at my house", Tyquez said with his hands out to his side. "Come on now Jordan"

"True but you still giving me this vibe", Jordan said.

"...you know what, okay. I told you I loved you Saturday morning and only the drunk you said it back", Tyquez said. "I don't want you to feel like I'm pushing things on you. I just thought you should know how I feel about you...but if you feel the same way, why can't you just say that while you're sober. Why do you have to be drunk to say that? I'm a grown man and you're a grown woman and I would like you to be upfront with me like how I've been with you"

"I didn't know I told you that", Jordan replied. "Look...I do have these really strong feeling for you. I think it's love but I didn't wanna tell you that unless I was sure, Ty"

"...i guess I understand that", Tyquez said.

"I've been upfront with you Tyquez. I'm just trying to used to us that's all", Jordan said.

"3 months of messing around, 3 months of talking, and 3 months of dating..that's nine months. I get that you just got out of marriage and I understand what you're going through but when will you ever get used to us? Years from now?", Tyquez asked.

"No", Jordan said.

"I'm not trying to rush you. I'm just asking by the way", Tyquez said.

"I get it. You're not getting any younger and neither am I. You wanna know where my head is so I don't waste your time and I get that. I don't have any hard feelings toward you", Jordan asked . "If I could kiss you right now so I can reassure that we're good, I would. But I can't because we're working"

Tyquez nods.

"...and I also would like to reassure that I have no romantic interest in Hakeem. Do I care about him as a human being or friend? Yes...but as of right now I feel like I was only with him so he could take me down the path to find you and as of right now I thank him for that because I enjoy being with you. You're my happiness", Jordan said.

Tyquez looked at Jordan for a moment.

"Yea. You know what. I'm trippin'. I'm sorry, I guess I just got into my feeling when you told me you went to see him yesterday and then I started over thinking things", Tyquez said.

"Overthinking? Dang you must really like me", Jordan said with a smirk. She tired to brighten up the mood.

"I love you", Tyquez said.

Jordan smiled as she glanced away and looked back at him. Jordan started to say something but he cut her off.

"But get back to work", Tyquez said. "The day is almost done and you have stuff to do"

"Sir yes sir", Jordan said before she walked out of the office.

Tyquez watched her as he sat back.

TO BE CONTINUED...