Chapter 33.

I had to catch myself before i said something to get us both in trouble. Her more that me.

"I was wondering if i could get some assistance on the essay you assigned?" I politely ask her.

She looked at me and i tilted my head, "Yea sit in the seat by my desk." She turns her attention to Mr. Williams. "Um. If you don't mind I'm going to help her."

He shook his head, "No not at all, I'll stop by later." She nodded and he left closing the door behind him.

I let out a breath i didn't know i was holding.

"I'm sorry, i shouldn't have slipped up at school." I didn't want to look in her direction.

"It's fine, but try not to do it again." I raise my head up. "Anyways what are you doing here so early."

I smile, "Mom wanted to talk to me so she just drove me here." I think back to the conversation me and mom had about my ex-girlfriend, Paris. I still think Emily will get tired of me and leave me.

Emily notices my mood change, "What's wrong babe?" She asked me and immediately i tensed up.

I can't tell her right now.

I shake my head, "It's.. nothing."

She softly grabs my chin up, "It's not nothing, are you okay." I sign.

"Can you not, you of all people should know not to push people, just stop." I snapped.

She looks shocked about my outburst. I can't stay in this room. I grab my backpack and leave. I ignore her calling my name and I just go to mom's office.

"Hey aunt Jess." I muttered.

"Hey Peyton, your mom is in her office." I nodded my head.

I know she could tell something was wrong but she didn't say anything.

I go to her office and close the door behind me. I instantly go to the couch and plop down.

"I see you love jumping on my couch." She says and i chuckle.

"Stop trying to make me laugh." I mumble.

She signs, "What happened now." My mom is like my therapist. I go to her for anything.

"I was thinking about Paris..." I grimace just saying the name. And i close my eyes. "Emily could tell something was wrong and she just kept asking what's wrong, i snapped at her and told her she should not push anyone given her track record and i just left her room."

"Well, one thing she shouldn't have pushed you to say anything.. and you shouldn't have said that." She scolded me. Wait what.

"What, i didn't do anything." She shakes her head.

"Anyways.. she needs to apologize to you, but you should tell her soon."

I sign, "I know i will, i just don't know when." I close my eyes and throw my head back.

"You'll figure it out."

"I'm such a fucking mess. Fucking Paris is why I am this way, why i fucking overthink every situation I'm in." I groan, "I'm such a fuck up." I fell tears run down my eyes.

I hear mom get up and comes sits beside me.

"Honey, your not a fuck up, she messed you up, she made you think you had no purpose. You are learning and growing, just give it time."

"It's been what... almost 3 years since Paris and i still think that no one can love me, or what's me like i do they." I take a deep breath.

"Come here." She holds out her arms for me and i hug her tightly.

I hear the bell ring indicating the being of the first class start.

I pull away, "Well i better get to class before Emily has a fit. Can you write me a note."

She chuckles and nods her head. "Have a good day." I tell her bye and i go to Emily's class.

It's going to be awkward since I blew up on her earlier.

I enter the classroom and all eyes are on me.

"You're late Miss. Carter." Emily or Ms. Davis i should say, said sternly.

"Well.. Ms. Davis i have a note." I glared at her and rolling my eyes as i gave it to her.

I sit down and Annabelle is still looking at me.

I lean in a whisper, "I'll tell you at lunch." She nods and we all continue our essay assignments.

"Hey do you want to hang out later!" I whisper to Annabelle.

She nods, "Yea, just text me."

"Alright, and I'll get you updated on the things going on between me and Emily."

She smiles and i laugh, apparently too loud because Emily has to say something.

"What's funny Miss. Carter." I just look at her.

"Nothing!" I wanted to roll my eyes at the way she was acting.

"Well something was funny so what was it." She said sternly and put her hand on her hip trying to seem intimidating.

I shook my head, why is she like this. "It was... None of your damn business." The class silently laughed.

"Get out of my classroom!" She says venomously.

I shrug my shoulders, "Glad to." I got my backpack and stood up. I turn towards Annabelle, "I'll meet you at lunch." I left and slammed the door on my way out.

She was acting petty, calling me out for nothing, if she wanted to play that game i can also.

I'm walking towards mom's office. I open the door and almost slam it shut. I jump towards the couch and bury my head first.

I groan, "She's acting like a bitch today." I said without lifting my head.

"I love you, but I'm getting tired of you coming in here a lot." She said with a hint of playfulness in her voice.

"Funny." I deadpanned.

"Emily is being an ass because of what happened earlier this morning." I shake my head.

"What happened."

"She called me out in front of the class and embarrassed me."

There was a knock on her door.

"I'm so tired of damn teachers interrupting us." I roll my eyes.

She laughs and opens the door.

As soon as the person stepped inside i automatically knew who it was. The smell of Jasmine and vanilla.

Without raising my head i say, "What are you doing here Emily, and don't you have a class to teach, just leave me alone." I raise my voice. I'm so tired of this damn game.