Chapter 24.

Third person POV

Emily didn't know what to feel. She didn't know what to say or do. She suddenly left and Peyton was highly confused.

Peyton tried texting and calling Emily but she had her phone go through voicemail. Peyton maybe thought she needed time to process this.

Emily left and went straight home. She got to her cabinet and pull out a bottle of red wine. She got her glass and poured a lot. Emily was feeling different emotions. She now knew whatever her and Peyton had couldn't happen anymore. But Emily was in love with Peyton, she just didn't want to say or feel it.

Peyton has been calling Emily's phone since she left. Emily just let it go straight to voicemail.

Peyton was feeling heartache, hurt and she was trying to stop the pain. She didn't know what to do about Emily. Did Emily regret everything between them now? No she can't right...
________________________________________

2 weeks later, Emily cut all contact with Peyton, Emily realized she couldn't jeopardize anymore then she has.

Peyton was heartbroken, she was in love with Emily. She can't believe Emily regretted everything.

"Look... We can't do this anymore." Emily took a deep breath

"W-What do you mean?" Peyton stuttered. She hopes Emily won't say what she's thinking.

"We should do this anymore... Us.. I have so much at stake, so whatever this is has to end." Emily didn't want this to happen but after everything she was doubting every situation.

"N-No you c-cant mean t-that." Peyton stuttered trying to hold back a sob.

"Yes i do, this can't happen anymore, I'm sorry." Emily got up getting ready to leave. She couldn't bare looking at her right now.

"No look me in the eye and tell me you don't love me, tell me this is over and I'll leave you alone." Peyton begged her in her head not to say those words she couldn't handle it.

Emily didn't want to but she had to. She looked Peyton in the eyes and said these next words that Peyton didn't think she would say. "I don't love you and I'm not in love with you. Whatever this is doesn't matter and it's over." Peyton just looked at her crying silently and nodded she had to leave Emily alone after this. This isn't what she wanted.

Emily took her keys off the table and left her house. Once the door closed, Peyton fell to the ground and sobbed. She didn't think Emily would say that. So Peyton felt betrayed like her mind and feeling were played with for over the months.

Sam walks in the house and sees Peyton sobbing on the floor. Sam picked up Peyton and sat her on the couch.

"What happened sweetie." Sam said softly to her daughter.

"S-she d-didn't lov-love me an-anymore, she left m-me." Peyton choked on a sob as she hiccuped.

Sam didn't say anything instead she wrapped her arms around her and rubbed her back. Peyton's cries calmed down as Peyton became sleepy.

"Sleep sweetie I'll be here when you wake up." That's all that took Peyton to fall asleep.

Meanwhile Emily is drinking her wine and crying. She didn't want to do this. She wanted to stay, but she couldn't given the circumstances.

The look in Peyton's face made me feel really guilty for this. It was hard enough, but i had to do this. I couldn't jeopardize anything.

________________________________________

Peyton's POV

2 months it has been since Emily has ended things with us. She never called or texted me, never looked at me in class. She didn't pick on me when I raised my hand.

Annabelle took notice to this and finally asked what happened. I told her the story, and she wanted to cuss Emily out. I giggled at that statement. She was really serious because me and Annabelle got detention with Emily. Let's just say it was very awkward.

After 15 minutes of silence Annabelle spoke up, "Well this is awkward." She chuckled trying to relieve the tension.

Emily hasn't even looked at me. I sign getting irritated. I may be petty for this.

"You know what fuck this I'm out of here." I stood up and grabbed my backpack off the floor.

Emily finally acknowledged me after 2 months. "Where do you think you're going." She challenged me. Alright fine I'll play this game with her.

"I'm leaving, I'm going to my mom, are you going to follow me you sure as hell don't care about me so just leave me the fuck alone." I yelled at her.

She raised her eyebrows at my outburst. "I do care about you." I scoffed.

Annabelle is just watching this go down, she's not even saying anything. But that's a good thing.

"Yea you obviously care about me when you told me everything that happened you regretted. Yea so you care about me a lot." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

She grabbed my arm. I yanked my hand away from her. "Get the fuck off of me." I gritted my teeth and walked out the room slamming the door as hard as i can.

Obviously mom heard and came out her office.

"What's going on here." She looked at me. "Oh it's just you are you coming to my office." I walked to her and nodded my head. I need to let off some steam or cool down.

We went to her office and i sat in the couch.

"Let me guess you had detention with Emily." I nodded.

"She said she cares about me but if she did she wouldn't have said what she said." I rolled my eyes I'm annoyed at this situation.

There was a knock at the door. I groan "Why can't your office be peaceful when i come in here." I glared at mom when she laughed.

"Well because all the teachers are still here." She got up and opened the door.

The door opens and revealed the last person i wanted to see now or maybe ever.

Once the door closed at the person came in i instantly yelled, "What the fuck Emily." I huffed in irritation.