Always you

She was getting on my nerves now, she never left his side and always sat near or almost on him when we were hanging out as a group. Stas is the nicest girl I've ever met and she's genuinely a nice person but she just is getting to close to-

"Sam?" The sound of the bonfire came back and Colbys face was right in front of me. His eyes were worried and Elton was staring at me from the side.

"Yeah.. sorry." Clearing my throat, he smiles and leans back, stas is looking at me with confusion, it made my blood boil and it pains that it did that. "I just need to get a drink."

Almost falling out of my seat, everyone's eyes were on me as I walked inside. The cold ac air was refreshing as I opened the fridge door. Grabbing the bottle of OJ, I place it down on the counter and close the door.

"Are you sure your okay?"

"Jesus Christ!" Jumping at the sound of his voice, i grip the counter top as I turn around. He walks towards me with his hands stuffed down his pockets. "Yeah just tired."

He frowns and stares down at his phone.

"It's only 8:30.. we're the 3am boys, when do you ever get tired before me?"

"I don't know Colby maybe I'm just done okay." I didn't mean to snap, I just couldn't get ahold of anything apart from anger, I know it's wrong and I know I shouldn't have snapped but I did.

"Sorry."

"No, I'm just.." sighing, I rub my eyes and lean against the counter. "Stressed.. I'm just stressed."

"We're a team Sam, we do it together. Tell me these things, I tell you those things. We do this together or not at all."

His tone was dead serious and I could feel the concern radiating off him, so I nodded and he nodded before walking back outside.

-

"I'll see you boys tomorrow, Queen Mary!" Elton shouted as  Corey rubbed his shoulders and clapped his back. Colby and Sam stood on their apartment steps and watched as they all got into their cars.

"Could I stay here tonight?" Stas voice pipes up from behind us.

"Yeah of course, you can sleep in my room and I'll sleep in Sams."

"Oh I don't want to put you out."

"You're not, swear." Colby puts his hand on his chest and nods.

"Sam?" All eyes were on me once more as Stas looked expectantly at me.

"Yeah. Yeah it's all good."

She smiled and hugged Colby before running down the front steps to Katrina's car grabbing her bag out, hugging her and running back up the stairs.

As we waved the rest of them off, I closed the front door.

-

the sound of Mario Kart in the lounge room echoed through to me. Peering around the corner, Colby sat on the couch with his phone in hand and smiling at something.

"What you smiling at?"

He looks up and shakes his head, turning his phone off and placing it on the couch.

"Wanna play?"

"Nah.. I'm really tired, I'm just gonna head up. Is stas asleep?"

"Yeah."

Smiling, I turn the kitchen lights off and walk upstairs. The sound of Mario Kart went silent as I opened the bedroom door. Peering into Colbys room, I made sure stas was asleep, closing the door and walking into my room.