Mistakes and truth

He was genuinely happy, dancing around the empty club, cleaning up the reminders of how loud and crowded this place was hours ago.

Shea was bouncing on the heels of her feet as she swept, singing along to the music as it continued to blast through the speakers, they were almost done their shift and it was only 12:30am, Sam would be awake right now, he would be watching their videos or editing something, but he would be awake.

"Colby! Shifts over." The manager strode through, signing in and knocking them off, they hastily made their exit as the cool, fresh air hit them.

"I always miss the feel of air on my skin when we work." Shea snorted from beside him and leant over, kissing him before scampering off to her car, Colby smiled and blew her a kiss as he went in the opposite direction.

They've been dating for over two years now, he would be denying it if he said he wasn't in love with her, so badly denying it. But there's a thought, it's not a bad one, just a curious one, why doesn't it feel whole, like a puzzle, she doesn't feel like the missing piece but he wants her to be.. so goddamn bad.

So when he got home that morning, looked up at Sams room and felt his heart skip a beat at the all too familiar lamp light on, he thought something was wrong, with him, his mind, everything.

"Sam I'm back." He skipped up the steps as he heard a door open, music playing quietly behind it as the blonde shushed him, motioning to Eltons door which was closed.

"Oh! He's asleep?"

"Came back from a bender, hasn't woken up in around six hours." Sam leant against his doorframe, eyes peeking around the corner. "How was work?"

"Same as usual, crowded, loud, cramped." Taking his jacket off, he opened his own door and threw it on the bed. "What have you been doing?"

"Editing our videos, there's a lot of stuff on them, kinda proud of us." Sam smugly spoke as he puffed his chest out, Colby tried to laugh but he scoffed halfway through and almost pulled a muscle. "Jeez tiger calm down."

"Shut up! I'm tired."

"Oooo did Shea knock you around."

Colby burned a deep red as Sam watched, snickering here and there at his facial expressions.

"I'm just messing with you, whatever you guys do in your own time is none of my business.." Sam held his hands up in defence as he backed into his room and closed the door, Colby could still picture the smile on his face through the closed door.

Confused, he closed his door and flopped onto the bed, sighing as his body sank comfortably against it, feeling all his muscles relax and soften.

There was either something wrong with him, his mind, and his heart or he was starting to doubt himself.. for whatever reason, he was starting to feel something, he didn't like it.

*****

He was already up at 6:30am, doing laps around the block, determined to get whatever it is out of his system. Elton had come downstairs at 5 when he was making his protein shake and groaned at the light, almost breaking it on his mission to turn it off, before laying down on the kitchen table and falling back to sleep.

He had work in two hours and if whatever wasn't out of his system wasn't gone, he was gonna shook himself, with a fake gun of course, he's just sarcastic.

Entering their driveway for the first time in an hour, he lifted the bottle to his lips and downed almost half of it, he wasn't quite panting as he was determined. Opening the front door, Sam was in the kitchen making pancakes, music playing and the smell of buttermilk everywhere, Colbys stomach grumbled at the scent.