Hardest part

Summary: Colbys a jerk.

"Leave me alone jerk!" They had been arguing for hours on end, Sam was determined to have the last word, he always did because colby never talked, ever, about their relationship.

"Stop calling me a jerk!" Spinning him around and facing the small blonde boy who's eyes were filled with hatred and regret. "Do you regret this? Us."

"No! Why would you say that."

"Because I look at you some days and it's like I'm your whole world and then the next I'm just another distraction, somebody to hold and then cast aside when your done. That's why, do you feel we'd be better as friends again?"

Sams mouth faltered, his mind filling with unopened, unspoken words. He couldn't speak, he knew in his heart this wasn't what he wanted, he knew Colby was just being a jerk, but he couldn't help but feel he meant something more.

"You do?"

Sam watched as he backed up, running a hand through his sweaty hair and leaning against the railing, eyes hiding pain and guilt beneath their shallow orbs.

"Colb-"

"No, it's fine."

Turning around, Sam felt his heart break as the boy walked away, he knew this wasn't what he wanted but why didn't he say anything, fight for them.

He pondered on that thought for the whole night, tossing and turning in his bed, picking at his nails as he heard Colbys faint editing music vibrating through the walls. Several times he thought about getting up and talking to him, but he also thought about what Colby would do, would he leave? Yell? Argue with him. He was too exhausted to do anything, but he continued to think and stress till the birds started chirping in the morning.

"Up let's go! Meeting in ten." Colbys voice rang through the door as Sams gaze tore off the blank wall. Stretching, he tossed his sore limbs off the bed, grabbing a shirt and the cleanest pair of pants he could find before going downstairs.

"What's up bro?"

"Bro?"

"Whats wrong? You look tired buddy, didn't sleep?" Colby didn't look at him once when he uttered those simple but harsh words. "We've gotta go to that meeting in ten so have breakfast and meet me there yea?"

"Uh.. sure? Hey, colbs are you okay?" Sitting down at the island, he watched Colby toss random things into a bag, his hands growing frantic as he nodded.

"Perfectly fine bud."

"Why do you keep calling me fucking bud, bro, buddy the hell is going on?" He was growing annoyed, what had happened in the ten hours they hadn't talked.

"You want us to be friends again right? Simply abiding by what you want."

"But I didn't say that-"

"You didnt want to be together sam because your hesitation was more than enough for me to understand what you want." His voice was cold and hard, he wanted to push it across to Sam that this was in fact the new norm.

"But-"

"See you there."

Then he was gone, Sam was left at the kitchen and two onlookers creeped back upstairs.

*****

The door slammed open as he marched through, anger dipping into every move he made, it radiates off him like a trigger.

"Would you fucking stop you jerk!" Sam shouted, slamming the door behind them.

"Why the fuck would you do that, you messed us up!" Colby roared back at him, turning on him and lashing out, Sam had never seen him like this before.