"Aubade."

Aubade = a love song which is sung at dawn

Sam sat perched on his window sill overlooking the dark blue ocean beneath him, the subtle chilly breeze gently drifting through the town gave it a misty look. It had been 6 years since the town was classified as abandoned but that didn't stop the townspeople from living there with or without electricity, it was their home.

Every night around this time, Sam would sing, softly and to himself but he would sing, just to the openness and the quiet of the night. It made him feel at peace, in some weird way it did.

"When, when we came home, worn to the bone. I told myself, that this could get rough, and when, when I was off, which happened a lot. You came to me and said that's enough but ohh I know that this love is pain, but we can't, cut it from our hearts, oh no.."

The sun turned a deep red as the sun gave away and under the mountains.

"So I'll hit the lights, and you'll lock the doors. We ain't leaving this room 'til we both feel more. Don't walk away, don't roll your eyes. They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight.."

A deep rumbling in the distance made him close his eyes as it got closer, the warmth in his heart slowly weeping out and spreading around his lonely room.

"When, when you came home, worn to the bones, I told myself, this could get rough. Oh, I know your feeling insane. Tell me something that I can explain, oh."

A plain white Corolla slowly rolled into the town, the familiar shades and band t-shirt evident from this distance.

"I'll hit the lights and you lock the doors. Tell me all of the things that you couldn't before. Don't walk away, don't roll your eyes. They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight, oh tonight.."

"So you'll get the lights, and I'll lock the door."

"Let's say all of the things that we couldn't before, won't walk away won't roll my eyes, they say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight, if this love is pain.."

"Then honey let's love tonight.."

Colbys smile made Sams knees shake a little, he turned his head and smiled at him with a soft expression on his face.

"How are you love? Singing another Aubade?"

"You're home.."