"Lies"

Summary: Colby lied.

"Come on Sam, let's go." Colby willed him along the side walk as he hailed a taxi, the big yellow bus skidding to a halt.

"But I don't wanna." He groaned, lacing his hands around Colbys neck, determined to look him dead in the eyes, despite the two of him he saw.

"Let's just.." Colby stopped, staring at him with a feigned curiosity, Sam looked gorgeous, when does he not but something changed within Colby in this moment. Something strange, made his heart hurt.

"Hop in Sam."

It took all of five seconds for Sam to detach himself and slide into the taxi seat, a strange churning noise illuminated around them as they took off. Colby instinctively grabbed Sams hand, watching as the traffic grew bigger, Atlantis by Seafret playing on the radio as the slight trickle of rain split across the windows. Gathering the confidence, he turned his head and saw sam passed out on the seat beside him, head bobbing against the rumbling window, gently sliding a hand around the back of his head, he moved Sam across to him and onto his shoulder. A slight groan shook his chest as Sam wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling Colby closer without even realising.

"Where to man?"

"Umm eleventh."

The taxi driver closed the little plastic slot and continued across the busy freeway. Colby stroked a hand through Sams hair as the boy lightly snored. A small bump in the road made his hand dig deeper into his hair, a hum emitting from Sams throat, warning Colbys emo heart.

"I wish you felt the same for me Sam."

Kissing his head tenderly, he rested his cheek against his head and sighed contently.

*********

"Good morning Sammy." Colbys loud voice teasing him through the closed door, a pounding in his head making him groan and flip over, pillow over head. "Come on sunshine"

"Stop calling me that, it was cute when we were little, not now." He winced at the chuckling coming from the elder. "Oh sunshine. My only sunshine" Colby teased as Sam grew annoyed.

Sam threw the pillow across the room as he shimmed up and glared at Colby who just smiled, his dimples choosing to show now. "You cleaned my room?"

"Uh no. That was you, you made me sit here and watch you, you complained about the whole process. Claiming I made you do it." Colby laughed as he placed an Advil on the table.

"Oh."

"Yea."

Colby rubbed his palms against his jeans as Sam watched him curiously. "Why are you always near me? Like why do you always care for me, back and call?"
Sam pondered without actually realising he said that, grabbing a bottle of water and downing the Advil, shaking at the gross feeling.

"You're my only friend. But your also the best person in the world and when I almost lost you the other year I fell apart, I can't lose you Sam." He reminded Sam of the incident with the broken window, where Sam had fallen out of his bedroom window and sliced his body up.

"I know, I didn't mean for that to happen."

"Just a harmless prank right?" Colby scoffed as he sighed deeply, Sam could feel the anger rising through Colbys senses.

"Hey!" He nudged Colby with his foot. "Hmm?"

"I love you man." Colby smiled a pure smile, as he nodded and nudged his foot back. "Love you too man."

Just not in the way you think.

"I've gotta go help Elton, I'll see you later." Colby flushed a deep red as he got up. Sams worried eyes shooting to his, Colby just played it off and left, closing the door behind him.

**********

"Hey Elton?"

"Yea."

"Why do you think Colby hangs around me so much? I mean he has so many mates, like Brennan and you, Aaron, Corey.."

Elton stopped editing and spun around to the blonde haired boy in his doorway.

"Crushing hard, huh?" Sam rolled his eyes, closed Elton's door and nodded. "I don't know why, or how."

"Yes you do, Colbys amazing. It's obvious you like him, maybe even more?"

"Maybe even more.." Sam said solemnly, peering out the window as Colbys blue Honda took off. "I thought he was helping you?"

"What?" Elton questioned. "He told me, he had to help you and he just left."

"Maybe he had to be somewhere?"

"Maybe.." Sam pulled out his phone and texted him.

S
Hey, where'd you say you were going?

C
Nowhere? I'm helping Elton, we're in the garage.

"He just lied to me.." Sam, stunned, turned the phone to Elton who tsked and shook his head. "Maybe you should follow him."

"No. I'm not like that."

Standing up, he left Eltons room without another word.

*********

As the clock hit 10:30pm, he started to lose hope that the emo would come back home, so he turned off the tv and ruffled circas hair a bit before switching the light off.

"Stupid Colby."

As he wandered through the kitchen to get a bottle of water, he heard the familiar click of the front door and closed the fridge door. Peering around the corner, Colbys silhouette appeared in front of him. Slipping past him, he cradled his water bottle in his arms, phone in the other and walked to the stairs.

"Sam?"

"Hmm?"

"H-How are you?"

"Fine Colby."

Taking a step up, he heard a groan and turned around. Colby was right behind him and bouncing on his feet and staring at Sam.

"I um.."

"What Colby? It's late.." rubbing his head, he waited for the other to speak. "Yea your right, have a good night."

Sam nodded and turned around, walking up the stairs as he got halfway up, he was stopped again, this time by mumbling.

"What is wrong dude?" Walking back down the stairs, he placed the water bottle back down on the kitchen counter and folded his arms.

"I just.. need to clear my head."

"So it took out 9 hours to clear your head? Or were you just helping Elton in the garage?"

Colbys face dropped even more as he stood in front of Sam, who was now beyond pissed. "Sam-"

"No, I don't wanna hear it. Your my best friend, yes? We don't lie to each other, we've never lied to each other and I just don't wanna talk to you okay? At least come up with a better excuse next time yea? Because I was in Eltons room, with him, while you texted me that."

Snatching his water bottle back up, he unscrewed it and took a massive gulp. "I'm bad at texting first, so I always hope you do."

"Why so you can lie to me?"

"No what-"

"Because it's all you've been doing lately." Sams voice growing louder.

"This isn't what I want to be doing right now! I don't want to be arguing with you Sam!"

"Well I just have done something horrible to make you lie to me so tell me Colby! Spit it out." Sam was full on yelling now, he was sure the other boys would wake up anytime now.

"Please just.."

"This was fun Colby, let's do it again sometime Yea?" His voice dropped as he scowled at him, Colbys hand shot out and grabbed Sams wrist. "Don't touch me."

Sam shook himself out of it and continued up the stairs.