Fourteen

I am in so much pain! I feel like two chains are attached to my belly being pulled them in different directions. It hurts so bad, I am going to cry! No, I am not. I am a strong female and...Aw! I hope strong women cry as well, because this is definitely some mysterious illness . 

Umm, okay, now the pain has stopped. It was probably just another anxiety attack. I have been having them for the past three years, but the school psychologist just said I should have a stress ball. Which is not going to help in any way. What would help would be if she listened to me... Aw! It came again! My body wants to kill me, that is what is happening. There is no other explanation. 

Wait! Why do I feel wet? My mattress has blood on it. I have internal bleeding, I will die. Why is this happening to me? I have to talk to my parents; we have to go to the E.R. 

I get up still in the dark, making Savanah jump off my bed in horror. I really do try to open my dad's bedroom door silently but the pain is so strong.

" Dads! I am not feeling very well. " I say trying not to sound like a zombie.

" Sloan! Do you want to kill your father? " George screamed.

" Sorry, it's just that I have a really bad stomach ache. " I paused for the pain. " And I am also sort of bleeding. "

They turned on the lights and ran towards me, and it was then that I realized that my pants had gone from blue to red in the... private area.

" Wait, wait, wait. " Said George reasonably as always. " What are you feeling exactly? "

" Pain! So much pain! "

" That makes sense. This is such an amazing moment! Our little girl. " Said Vincent almost crying for whatever reason. They hugged me so tight I almost lost my breath. In my knowledge we should be going to the ER.

" She is growing up so fast." Said George now.

" Am I supposed to get this? " 

" You are beginning your journey into womanhood, Lone. This is your first period. " Vincent completed. That makes sense actually, but this is a disaster. Now, I won't be able to live without being reminded that the world is unfair every month. 

I have to consider myself a very late bloomer. I only started to develop a year ago. It was so weird to look in the mirror and see your body changing, but I kind of forgot about menstruation.  Or at least that I had to go through it. Both of my parents are men, so they don't really know how to explain it, and I don't have any girlfriends to chat about it either.

" Oh! " I said terrified. " And umm. What do we do? "

" Well you're going to need some tampons, and pads. " Said Vincent, sounding way more informed than I thought he would be.

" Okay? "

" And Advil. " He continued.

" For this pain. I think I am going to need some Morphine injected into my uterus. "

" Let's go to CVS. " suggested Vincent.

" Now? "

" Yes Honey, we can't let you bleed into your pants anymore. Go put on some clean clothes. " Said George pushing me out of the room.

" If you say so... " I murmured while walking out.

This is so horrible, I have been a " woman " for like five minutes and it has been hell. On the bright side, this is probably the worst thing a woman has to face in her life. Oh, never mind.