45. Best Day Ever!

Start from the beginning

We were able to spend a good amount of time at the zoo, with a private tour, seeing other animals such as sloths, elephants, monkeys, zebras, flamingos, swans, turtles, and so many more. I know of Sarah's love for animals and I knew she immensely enjoyed our time there.

After the zoo, I knew she was feeling a little run down from all the walking and we both used up so much energy, so I decided to take her to a laid-back restaurant that would have food she would love. Of course, I wanted it to be a reputable place, so it is a Michelin-starred restaurant, but the counter seating made for a comfortable atmosphere for both Sarah and myself. I made sure to close down the restaurant for our privacy for an allotted time. I know it's a lavish move, but this night is no ordinary night.

The menu is different, with unique dishes that are inspired from cuisine all over the world. Sarah is so open-minded and enjoyed trying the new and exciting gastronomic dishes that the chef offered us. We took our time savoring the food and enjoying our time conversing about the highlights of our weekend, as well as other topics in our lives. I've always felt so comfortable speaking my mind around Sarah. She's like my comfort zone.

A while back, Sarah had mentioned how she's always wanted to go to the N Seoul Tower and be one of those cheesy couples who writes a sentimental note and their initials on a padlock to put somewhere on the tower.

So, here we are, later in the night, at N Seoul Tower

So, here we are, later in the night, at N Seoul Tower. Sarah and I both have hats, masks and coats on and you can barely recognize me so I get to be somewhat free walking around, hand in hand with the love of my life. Of course, we had security staff nearby just in case of any unwanted issues.

Sarah's face is just all smiles as we walk through, admiring the view of the city and all the colors from the locks surrounding us. Eventually, I had us stop in a spot that my manager, Mr. Kang, had informed me would be a perfect spot to place a lock. He had scoped out the area earlier in the day with other staff members to make sure there was a place Sarah and I could place a padlock. I just wanted everything to go smoothly.

We now stop at the spot and Mr. Kang stealthily walks up to us, handing me a purple heart-shaped padlock and a black sharpie marker.

"Kook! You got us a padlock to write on?!" Sarah's eyes light up as she looks at the items in my hand.

"Of course, I did. We couldn't come up here without putting one up," I tell her, not being able to keep myself smiling from ear to ear at the sight of her excitement.

"What should we write?!" She enthusiastically asks, as she grabs the marker from me.

"Well, first, we can put the date somewhere," I suggest, which she does right when I said that. I take the marker from her after she's done with the date, and I momentarily place the marker and heart-shaped lock both in one of my coat pockets.

"Sarah, before we add anything else on the lock, there's something else I want to do," I softly say, my voice slightly shaking, as now the reality has hit me of what I'm about to do.

I want this woman in my life for as long as we both live and I hope she feels the same.

I pull out a velvet box out of the other pocket of my coat and immediately get on one knee. I open the box to reveal a Princess-cut diamond ring that Melina and Sarah's mom had helped me pick out via FaceTime calls, when my mom and I found time not too long ago to look around for the perfect ring.

"Jungkook..." Sarah says in a shocked whisper.

"Sarah, it's been such a ride with you. We had our smooth moments as well as our bumpy times, but I would not trade any moment of it. I've learned so much from you and realized that the love I have for you and what you have for me is immense. I can't imagine my life without you. I know that it's still not going to be easy with everything going on in our lives. But, baby, like I said before- it's us against at the world. I want you by my side, through thick and thin. Sarah, I love you so much. Will you marry me?"

I look up at her and I can see her eyes watering. She taps my shoulders crazily as if asking me to get up, so I get back on my feet. As soon as I do, she gently places her hands on my cheeks and rests her forehead onto mine. I can see the tears streaming down her cheeks, landing in her mask, and I know that I'm crying just as much at this point.

"Yes, Jungkook. Yes, I'll marry you," she says above a whisper. "I love you so much, Kookie."

We both momentarily pull our masks down and I let my lips land on hers and we share a tender kiss. I pull away to slip the ring on the appropriate finger.

"Baby, it's exactly how I imagined it!" She squeaks out as she stares at it.

"I made sure to include your mom and Melina on a FaceTime call a while back. We planned a day, where my mom and I searched, that was a convenient time for your mom and Melina, considering the time difference. I wanted this ring to be everything you dreamed of." I shared with her how I found the ring and I could see more tears streaming down her cheeks.

"You could have given me a plastic ring and I would've been happy, Jungkook. What did I do to deserve such a thoughtful fiancé?!" She gushes, smiling at me as I wipe the tears off her cheeks with my fingers. After I finish, she does the same by drying my cheeks of tears.

"I'm the one who should be asking that," I sincerely tell her. "Sarah, I think we should finish writing a note on the padlock."

"I think so!" She beams at me and I hand her the lock and marker. On one side of the heart, she writes 'Best Day Ever!' She hands me the lock, and I write 'J+S= Forever.'

After kissing a little more on the tower and leisurely walking back to the car, we eventually make it to the vehicle. As Sarah is settling and buckling up, I make a FaceTime call that was already planned ahead of time on the the iPad that Mr. Kang handed me.

Moments later, both my parents and Sarah's parents appear on the screen, and yet again, my fiancé is crying tears of joy. 

I'm the happiest man.

*********

A/N:

HAPPY KOOKIE DAY! 🎂🐰💜

This chapter is such special timing, falling on JK's actual birthday!!!

Notes:

I went with BIGBANG as the group that Sarah takes Jungkook to see since it's known that G-Dragon was a big musical influence on Jungkook.

🎵Song to check out: "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for reading!

-MissD