21. Case of the Mondays

05/07/2021

I'm back in the office after a long, eventful weekend. It was a drag coming into work this morning, seen as yesterday was Independence Day. But, I need to make a living, so here I am, an hour into being in the office and I think I've finally caught up on all my emails. Now, I need to go through my calendar and confirm my attorney's appearances for tomorrow. As I continue to work, my mind wanders to what happened during my weekend.

Melina and I ended up going to a 4th of July party that one of the members of the band she manages, AFI, threw yesterday with his girlfriend. It was Hunter who threw the party and he was quite the host, along with his sweet and quirky girlfriend, Erica. Melina considers him just as much a friend as he is someone she works for. He is also the man that made it possible for Melina to meet BTS in the backstage area at the Grammy Awards earlier this year. When I think of it, if it weren't for him, neither Melina and I would have ever been involved with any of the members.

Hunter is hilariously entertaining and so were many people who were in attendance last night. It was nice to be accompanied by close friends such as Gabby and a couple of my guy friends, Kelen and Will, who also work for AFI. I met those two guys through Melina. We are all pretty much a tight knit circle of friends. And, Melina's brother, Jake, who I consider a brother, myself, was also present. I had a blast with everyone and drank more than I intended. Luckily, I'm not as hungover this morning, as I expected to be.

I think the fact that I had a lot of fun yesterday and had something amazing happen to me the previous day, on Saturday, with Jungkook, just made me wish that the weekend was longer.

Jungkook has been constantly on my mind since Saturday, when we had the important discussion about taking a step further and trying out being more than just friends with each other. Since then, we had been messaging each other. He even called me last night around 11pm when Melina and I got home from Hunter's party. It was around 3pm his time and he called me right after I was all ready to get in bed. He happened to have some time to call me, and I just really like being able to hear his voice right before going to sleep.

"Hey! You've been smiling all morning!" I hear Jessica say from her cubicle.

I look over to her and she gives me a questioning face. I giggle at her expression, "I had a really great weekend and was just thinking of some good memories, that's all!"

"What...did you meet the guy that Beth's trying to fix you up with?!" Jessica questions me, looking super interested.

"Oh, hell no! Speaking of which- I need to talk to Beth and let her know that I'm no longer interested," I think out loud.

"Wait, why?! The man looks gorgeous! Why would you pass that up?!" Jessica glares at me as if I'm making a terrible decision.

"There have been some major developments to which I cannot go on with this date that Beth wants to set me up on," I simply tell her.

"Oh, come on! You have to give me more than that!" Jessica demands in a hushed tone.

"Okay. Well, JK and I spoke on the phone Saturday. I kind of let slip to him that I was considering the date that Beth is fixing me up on and it kind of rubbed him the wrong way. At first, he didn't want to say anything, but then he ended up confessing that his feelings have been running deeper than he's led on since I was in his country and even back when he was in LA, in March. We discussed a lot, and we made the decision to try to be more than just friends." I end my explanation with my hands out in the air, shrugging, trying not to make a big deal out of it, but of course it is, in my head!