14. Parting Ways So Soon

*Warning: Mature content ahead. Please read at your own discretion. 🔞

*********

27/06/21

Jungkook's 1st Person POV

I see Sarah come back into the backstage dressing room from using the restroom. I see her head over to Melina, who seems to be talking to some woman I don't recognize.

I walk over and stop right between Sarah and Melina. The lady in front of them just said something but I missed everything that came out of her mouth. I feel like I'm interrupting but Melina has a slight look of irritation on her face.

I rest my arm on Sarah's shoulder and turn to Melina.

"Hi Mel!" I greet her and give her a big grin.

"Hi, Jungkook!" Melina greets back, the tiny bit of annoyance in her face is replaced by a smile and a giggle. I think she's giggling at the fact that I'm hanging on Sarah and Sarah's facial expression is now the one that has a look of annoyance. Oh, Sarah enjoys the attention, I just know it. And, it's not like I'm kissing her or being flirtatious. I'm just resting my tired arm on her shoulder, that's all!

"Jungkook what are you doing?" Sarah questions me. I can't help but to just smirk back at her. She's cute when she gives me that annoyed face with a mix of playfulness to it.

"I just wanted to join you ladies," I answer her, flashing her a smile I know she can't resist.

"Anyway," Sarah says out loud while rolling her eyes at me and turning her attention to the mystery lady and speaks to her, "I'm Sarah, it's nice to meet you."

"And, I'm Jungkook," I greet the lady. Why do I get strange vibes from this woman?

"It's nice to meet you both. Jungkook, are you all ready for your concert tonight?" The mystery lady asks me and I tell her that we are prepared since the guys and I have been rehearsing a lot, and after last night's show, we feel confident about tonight.

All of a sudden, mystery lady's phone buzzes and she excuses herself.

"I get bad vibes from her," Sarah says to Melina. And, I nod, totally agreeing with her since I had the same thought, but I kept that to myself.

Melina, who always tries to find the best out of people answers, "You didn't even talk to her long enough."

"It's just how I feel," Sarah answers with a shrug.

"Who was that anyway?" I ask the two ladies.

"That's Soojin. She's Yoongi's family friend from back home," Melina informs me.

"Oh, that's the woman who Yoongi meets up for coffee," I say out loud then realize that I'm not sure if Melina is aware that Yoongi has been meeting Soojin.

"Wait! Hold up! Yoongi meets up with this chick for coffee?! Recently?! What the hell?! Melina, do you know about this?!" Sarah asks all these questions in a hushed but angry tone.

Oh, crap. Did I start drama just now?

"Sarah, calm down! I appreciate you being my supportive best friend, but there's no need to get upset. I do know about Yoongi meeting her for coffee a few times. He would tell me about them, but he said the meetings were all at the suggestion of his mother. They're old friends, and I respect that," Melina says in a low volume.

"As long as he's not keeping it from you and you're okay with it," Sarah says to her best friend, in a caring tone.

"Everything is good," Melina assures Sarah.