10. Adventure And Cuddles

22/06/21

"I'm starving!" Jungkook announces to everyone in the vehicle and follows it with the cutest yawn.

It's Tuesday in the early evening, and I'm currently in a vehicle with Melina, Yoongi, and Jungkook. Jungkook and I are in the very back of the SUV while Melina and Yoongi take up the middle row. In the row in front of them sits Joyeong and Jungkook's manager, Mr. Kang. And, in the passenger seat, next to the driver is Yoongi's manager, Mr. Han. We are headed back to Yoongi's home after an exciting and productive day.

All the boys had the day off to unwind considering they have all been working their asses off. So, with the guys being available, Yoongi, Melina, Jungkook and I all agreed to set off on an adventure around Seoul. Yoongi and Jungkook wanted to take us to places they knew we would enjoy seeing. Of course, we were somewhat limited on the places we could go to with the two idols accompanying us, but the men said they already planned ahead.

Our first stop was at the National Museum of Korea, where the boys reserved a private tour for us, more so to ensure all of our safety from media. Roaming the museum was a dream. Melina and I both love going to museums especially where art and history is involved, and there was plenty of that there. The boys seemed patient because Melina and I took our time through different exhibits, taking in all the art and artifacts.

We spent quite some time there! By the time we left, it was already close to 3pm, so the men decided to take us out to a late lunch at one of their favorite low-key restaurants for some authentic Korean cuisine. Yoongi and Jungkook knew the owner and she insisted on closing her restaurant for their privacy even though they said it wasn't necessary. She seemed to adore them as if they were her own children and she told them her choice was final because she looks out for them. And, let me tell you- the food was exquisite! And, the owner was so welcoming and accommodating. I wanted to stay longer just for her company! But, eventually, we finished our food and the boys took us to an unexpected stop.

They made a reservation for us to privately learn how to make makgeolli*. I've had plenty of makgeolli at Melina's family gatherings, so it was a fascinating experience to learn the process of making it. The only hitch was the teacher instructed in Korean. But, it was nice having Jungkook, Melina and Yoongi help me follow along by translating the process to me as best as they could. We left with four bottles of makgeolli that we plan on having with our dinner.

Speaking of dinner, we made a detour to Gwangjang Market, where Joyeong, Mr. Kang, Mr. Han and Yoongi went in to quickly roam around and buy some street food to take home. Melina, Jungkook and I remained in the car with the driver, who also acts as another bodyguard.

Jungkook, Melina and I got lost in conversation, that it seemed like in no time, the rest of our group came back bearing a ton of food. When we made it back to Yoongi's place, we made sure Joyeong, the managers and the driver stayed to enjoy all the good food.

When we were all contently stuffed with food, Joyeong, the managers and the driver bid us farewell for the night. Jungkook stayed, which was planned all along. Jungkook had already asked Yoongi, the night before, if it was okay for him to stay and Yoongi said he was crazy for asking because he's always welcome to crash at his place.

The four of us stayed out in the living room watching random shows, and eventually Melina and Yoongi decided they wanted to turn in for the night.

"Alright, kids, behave down here," Yoongi says as he and Melina head to the hallway where they eventually disappear into Yoongi's bedroom.