Prologue

A/N: This serves as Sarah's backstory before we really get into the story!

*****

Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm, you'll find me working my ass off.

I work for a law firm, a successful one, might I add. The attorneys I'm associated with are top notch and I enjoy working for and alongside them. My daily work tasks include drafting legal documents and pleadings, such as deposition notices, subpoenas, contracts, briefs, etc. I respond to discovery. I organize and manage files, exhibits and documents. I file documents with state and federal courts. I also provide support in the courtrooms, at hearings and trials.

All sounds riveting, right? Honestly, I find my job stimulating. It can be demanding and fast-paced. It's work that keeps me on my toes. I love my colleagues at the office! They make my work days quite interesting. It's a job I don't mind waking up early for. And, I'm grateful that the office is conveniently close to my home.

I share a home with my best friend, Melina. We've known each other since college. We met through our mutual friend, Margot. Margot and I were in the same sorority, and Margot and Melina went to the same high school together.

Melina and I became close and I couldn't imagine not having her as one of my best friends. She was so studious and focused like I was. We definitely emotionally supported each other through all the rigorous academics and coursework.

We didn't forget to enjoy ourselves in college. As much as we were ambitious about school, we also enjoyed a good time. Melina, Margot, myself and our other girlfriends would always go out together, back in our college days. We attended so many college parties. My sorority threw quite the ragers, as well. We even did some crazy things like drive a couple hours down to walk the border into Tijuana just to party with other college kids, who had the same idea to drink and dance at well-known clubs. When we became of legal age to drink, we'd frequent local bars near our university, trying to meet college guys. Well, I was, at least.

Melina wasn't so much into the frat boys/college men. When I met her, she was heavily involved with this drummer from a local band. They met each other when she was eighteen, doing part-time work as a band tech. They lasted less than a couple years. Shortly after that, she met Kevin, who swept her off her feet. They even got engaged, but that ended up in heartbreak. Now, she's currently with someone who I feel treats her well and I really hope that this one lasts. She deserves all the love. I'm not just saying that as her best friend. She's so amazing. All her exes are fucking idiots for letting go of a great catch such as her.

Speaking of idiots, I have had my fair share! In high school, I fell head over heels for this boy named Lance. I thought he was the love of my life and I thought I would marry him someday. But, after we graduated from high school, he ended up going to Chico State for college and I went to UCLA. Our schools are 6 hours away, by car. I was willing to stay committed to him even with the distance between us, but he wanted to focus on himself and thought it would be better if we broke up, and so we did.

During my college years, I never really had an actual boyfriend. I dated different guys, but no one really stuck. A lot of those men were full of themselves. I couldn't take a lot of them seriously. It wasn't until my senior year of college, when I came across this man named Thomas. He was an ambitious man and I fell madly in love with him.

He landed a job in his hometown of Long Beach. After, I graduated, I made sure to find a job that was in the area, and so I nabbed myself a position at the law firm I still work for. He and I decided to live together. But, that didn't last long because I found out he was cheating on me. I don't really want to waste my time talking about that loser.

At that point, I was 25 years old. Melina became even more of a major support system for me. She was living in Fullerton at the time, but after much discussion, she and I decided to find a place together. She was up for the move. We've been living in the same cozy condominium together for the past three years.

I'm 28 now. And, as much as I'm a workaholic, I definitely make time for fun. I still feel young and deserve to live an exciting life. I mean, you know what they say, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." And, I'm anything but a dull woman.

LA is teeming with exuberant nightlife. We definitely take advantage of that. And, being best friends with Melina, who works in the music industry, she always has connections and tends to get her hands on backstage passes to concerts and fun events. I've definitely seen some legendary acts and met well-known musicians, thanks to her.

If it wasn't for me, Melina would not be into K-Pop. I discovered K-Pop back in the day, with groups like BigBang and 2NE1. My current love is BTS. And, I somehow was able to drag Melina into that rabbit hole.

Who knew that Melina would come across one of the members of BTS, during a work engagement of hers, and start a whirlwind romance with him. And, who knew I would meet one of his band mates who I would come to currently hold a grudge with.

*********

A/N:
Welcome to my new fan-fiction! This will be in the same universe as my other fan-fiction story, Backstage Encounters. Check out that story if you're interested about Yoongi and his love interest, Melina!

I'm making a full on series and calling it 'Bangtan Couples Encounters Series.' I already have plots planned for the remaining 5 members of BTS, so stay tuned for those stories!

One more thing! This story takes place in a universe where COVID-19/ the pandemic did not exist. This story is an escape from that reality.

🎵Song to check out: "I Am The Best" by 2NE1

Please vote and comment if you're looking forward to this story! Thank you! ✨
-MissD