18. Back To Work

02/07/21

"Welcome back, Girl!" Jessica greets me as I get to my cubicle that is across from hers.

"It's nice to be back!" I say cheerfully. Though, a little part of me misses Seoul.

"So, how was it seeing your favorite group?! And, was it awkward seeing that one guy who ignored you?" Jessica reclines back on her seat while taking a sip of her coffee.

There's not a lot of people in the office quite yet, so I guess I can give her some juicy details, within reason, of course. Nothing that's NSFW.

"So, my trip was more than I expected," I start sharing animatedly, "All the shows were mind-blowingly amazing! And, it was awkward between JK and I, at first, but um..." I trail off.

"Um, what, girl?! Spill! That smirk on your face says a lot but I need details!" Jessica probes me to get information out of me.

"We had fun together. He was very hospitable. Let's just say that," you say, winking at your coworker.

"You didn't...did you?" Jessica squeals.

"How about we go out for lunch together, later, and have this conversation, then?" You suggest to her.

"Yes! I want to hear all the juicy details! I love my husband and our kid, and my life isn't mundane, but here you are, just flying first-class and hanging out with celebrities! And, being involved with one! I'm living vicariously through you!" Jessica animatedly says to me, a little too loud.

"Keep it down, Jess!" I hiss at her, but giggle right after.

I told Jessica about what happened with Jungkook back in March. I really needed someone to talk to about him right now, besides Melina and Gabby. When I had the girls' night with Melina and Gabby, I didn't really bring up Jungkook because it would make Melina think about all of the boys, especially Yoongi, and it's a sore subject right now for her. So, we focused on plenty of other gossip that Gabby had to share with us.

So, I'm grateful I have Jessica to spill juicy details about Jungkook. And, I desperately need her advice.

~

It's noon and time for lunch! Jessica and I decided to just go on foot over to one of our favorite sushi places since it is walking distance from our office.

When we walk into the tiny restaurant, the usual server, Yuki, waves us in with a smile and gestures for us to pick any table. It's surprisingly not packed yet, but it's likely it will fill up now that it's lunch time for most people. In moments, Yuki shows up with our usual drink orders.

"The usual for you, ladies?" Yuki asks us with a genuine smile. We come here so often, she knows what we both normally get. We do change the order once in a while, hence why she'll ask, but both Jessica and I are creatures of habit, so we definitely usually stick with the usual.

"Yes, please!" Jessica and I say in unison and we thank her as she heads off to the kitchen.

"Okay, so you know I want to hear mainly about that guy," she says, wiggling her eyebrows playfully at me.

"JK?" I ask her.

"If that's the beautiful man you had a fling with back in March, then, yes!" Jessica answers, boisterously. I can't help but giggle.

"Yes, same guy. And, we had more fun while I was in Korea," I say, coolly.

"Are you still talking to him?" Jessica is aware of what happened when Jungkook left three months ago and cut off communication with me at the time.