40. Santa's Best Helper

*Warning: Mature content ahead. Please read at your own discretion. 🔞

*********

24/12/21

It's been a whole week since I've been part of Gloss Advertising, and to say it's been quite the experience would be an understatement. It all has been amazing so far, just becoming acquainted with the headquarters and my colleagues, shadowing supervisors and other associates in my department, and learning a lot as I went through the work week. A lot of notes were taken and a lot of deep breaths were necessary when I felt somewhat overwhelmed with all the new information. My anxiety always gets to me in new situations but I think I handled it all well.

Mr. McBride was the the person I shadowed the most and he was very welcoming and helped put me at ease. The rest of the team in the department seem like people I will really mesh well with, so I just have a great feeling about it all. Three people in the department, Allison, Natalie and Jinyoung, made me feel like I was part of the team, immediately. There were a couple of people who seemed standoffish, but I chalked it up to it being their personalities. I try to brush them off and not let them affect me. I just have to prove myself and maybe those particular coworkers will eventually respect me. It was also nice to have Beth's husband have my back, as well during my first week.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with how my first week went.

Before the work week started, on Saturday morning, my time, Jungkook asked if I could stop by the Cartier store in Beverly Hills. I remember being shocked at first but remembered he said he wanted to get me something. He said he called in and already purchased something for me and that it just needed to be picked up.

So, in the afternoon, I headed to the shop in Beverly Hills and picked up the present that Jungkook picked out for me. He got me a watch that is exactly my taste and I definitely wore it proudly all week. It was like my lucky charm on my first week of work. It's an expensive lucky charm, but it came from him and it meant a lot to know that he truly is supporting and rooting for me.

 It's an expensive lucky charm, but it came from him and it meant a lot to know that he truly is supporting and rooting for me

~

Last night was the Jingle Bell concert and both Melina and I were able to attend. We had backstage access and security planked us throughout the night to ensure our safety. The boys have been extra cautious for us and it's been comforting. And, obviously, I stopped by Jungkook's hotel for a bit after, but decided not to stay since I had work in the morning. We still made the best out of the little time we had. We couldn't keep our hands off each other.

I know we are in this weird break, but we can't help but not act like a couple. Maybe, I'll have a discussion with him tonight about ending this silly break.

It's now Friday evening, and Melina and I are in an SUV that Jungkook and Yoongi arranged to have pick us up to take us to their hotel.

I'm grateful they are staying until Wednesday, the 29th, for other press and shoots. They have to leave for New York after.