17. Brotherly Advice

29/06/21

Jungkook's 1st Person POV

Knock knock knock

It's a little past 10am and I'm standing in front of Yoongi's studio waiting for him to unlock it so I can enter. He texted me saying he was in there working when I was looking for him.

I hear someone fiddling with the door locks on the other side and the door slowly opens.

"Hi, Hyung," I greet Yoongi, who steps aside to let me in. As I walk in, I see that Namjoon is also in the studio, lounging comfortably on the couch, scrolling through his phone. He sits up and sets the device on the arm of the couch, next to him.

"Hey, Namjoon-hyung," I greet our leader, patting his back as I sit next to him on the couch. Yoongi settles into his work chair that is turned to face me and Joon.

"Hey, Kook. How's it going?" Namjoon asks while looking over to me.

"Pretty good. Ended up working out this morning since we'll all be busy later with our schedule. What about you, Namjoon-hyung?"

"Good, I guess," Namjoon says, with a melancholic tone.

"Want to talk about it?" I offer my ears to Namjoon.

"I'm fine, Kook. I've actually talked Yoongi's ear off about it," Namjoon admits.

"I see, Hyung. Just know I'm always here for you," I say to the guy I consider a brother, as I pat his leg.

"I appreciate that, Kook," Namjoon tells me, patting me on the back while giving me a grateful smile.

I turn to Yoongi who's just been quietly listening to us.

"Yoongi-hyung, how are you holding up?" I ask my other bandmate, who I also consider a brother.

"I feel like shit, but what can I do?" Yoongi answers, shrugging, then questions me, "Have you heard back from Sarah, Jungkook?"

"That's why I texted you to see where you were. I wanted to let you know that they made it back home not too long ago! Gabby picked them up and they're going straight home to rest," I fill Yoongi in on Melina and Sarah's whereabouts.

"I'm relieved to hear they made it home, safely. Thanks for informing me, Jungkook," he tells me while giving me a sad but appreciative smile. "I just wish I could get a hold of her right now. I'm happy she even picked up the phone and spoke to me before they left the airport, but I need to talk to her more. Fuck, I miss her."

"I know you do, Yoongi-hyung. Sarah said they're both going to take naps since they're having a little girls night later with Gabby. So, that might be why you won't get a hold of her anytime soon. It's around 5pm, their time, right now. I guess just give her time," I suggest to Yoongi.

"I'll give her all the time she needs. I just wish she knew that I would do just about anything for her and I would never fucking hurt her," he voices his thoughts out loud to us, his elbows on his knees so that he can bury his face in his hands in frustration.

We let Yoongi continue to vent and unload his thoughts for a bit until he changes the subject to me and Sarah.  

"So, you and Sarah- how's that going, Jungkook? Seems like you're both doing good since you're still communicating with her, right?" Yoongi inquires.

"Yes, I'm still talking to Sarah. I told her I wouldn't make the mistake of ignoring her like before. And, this time around, she and I got to know each other even more so, and I really value the friendship we've started. I'd like to keep it that way," I tell both of my hyungs who are intently listening to me.