44. Birthday Cupcakes

*Warning: Mature content ahead. Please read at your own discretion. 🔞

*********

30/08/22-01/09/22

"ABOUT TIME!" My boyfriend cheerfully yells as he opens his dorm's front door to let me in, as well as the security staff since they helped carry my luggage up.

As I make it into his dorm, I immediately wrap my arms around Jungkook and his arms form around my waist. I bury my face on the side of his head, taking in the scent of his shampoo.

"Fuck, I missed you, babe," Jungkook whispers into my ear.

I move my face to look directly at him, "I missed you too, Kookie."

I place my lips against his soft ones for a sweet kiss, and we part so that we aren't being rude ignoring the security staff.

Jungkook greets them and we all converse for a short while until the staff eventually leaves the dorm.

A lot has happened since I was last in South Korea back in March. A month after, the boys started their tour, and when they were performing at Rose Bowl Stadium for the weekend, something major happened. Yoongi proposed to Melina after their first concert that weekend and now they are engaged! It was a beautiful night and I was crying happy tears seeing my best friend so joyful with the man of her dreams.

Melina and Yoongi  don't plan on getting married until after Yoongi comes back from his military duty, which he and Jungkook decide to take around the same time, which will be around March of next year.

Jungkook had discussed it with me and he said he'd rather serve sooner than wait later even though he's still young and has time. He though going around the same time as Yoongi would be a perfect time. He asked for my opinion and I understood where he was coming from when he said he wanted to do it earlier in his life. I told him I would support any decisions he makes, if there reasonable, of course.

I have been developing my skills more and more as a Junior graphic designer at Gloss Advertising. It'll take a little more time until I can be promoted, but it seems as though the higher-ups have been highly satisfied with my work and contribution to the company. I have been working my ass off and proving myself and I feel like the hard work is paying off because I feel well-respected.

There had been one minor issue with a coworker, Jinyoung, who confessed he had interest in me. He was one of my close work friends, and I was definitely taken aback when he confessed he had feelings for me. He wasn't aware that I was in a relationship because it is still something I'm keeping a secret for the obvious safety reasons for myself, Jungkook and his group.

When I shared to Jinyoung how I'm happily involved with someone, he was respectful and backed off and never mentioned his confession again. Even our work dynamic didn't change, though I was worried he would harbor some kind of bitterness about being rejected. But, he was classy about it.

Of course, I couldn't keep all of that from Jungkook and told him about the situation, because he and I are trying our best to be open to one another. He's even shared when a couple fellow female idol singers had tried to pursue him. Obviously when I shared to him about Jinyoung, he was initially jealous and worried, as was I when he told me about the female idols who were after him. But, telling each other about those people and assuring one another that none of them are of any harm or concern, and trusting each other, shows strength in our relationship.