15. Goodbye, For Now

28/06/21

Jungkook's 1st Person POV

"Morning, Sarah," I say to her in my raspy morning voice as I feel her turn towards me in the bed. Right before she woke up, I was spooning her and inhaling the scent of her hair while she was still sleeping, and now she's awake, body facing me, with her hand on my chest.

"Morning, handsome," Sarah says, sounding groggy, but adorable, from just waking up, "What time is it?"

It's close to 11am," I inform her.

"Shit, don't you have anything in your schedule? Am I keeping you from work?! Fuck, I'm sorry," she says with a tinge of worry in her voice.

"Sarah, there's nothing to worry about!" I console her by rubbing her back, "You and I went to bed really late so we needed all that sleep. I woke up a little earlier. Namjoon actually called me and said that he, Jin and Yoongi spoke to management about giving me the day off. We don't have anything major planned like interviews or shoots. The only somewhat important thing I'm missing out on is a company meeting later, but they said they can fill me in. They know that I'm looking out for you and Melina, so they understand. Yoongi's been worried, so they think it's best that I'm at least here, if he can't be," I tell her the situation hoping it'll make her feel at ease.

"That's good your company is understanding. And, with Yoongi- just tell him to give Melina some time to think. Maybe I'll try to convince her to at least call him to say she's okay. But, she has a lot of things on her mind to sort out," Sarah says to me.

"I will. Do you think she's doubting the relationship?" I ask Sarah just because I'm curious.

"I know that she cares a whole lot about Yoongi. I know she's falling for him more and more. I can sense it. But, I think her doubts stem from her past relationships. One of the biggest reasons why her major relationships, in the past, didn't work out was because her and those particular partners were constantly traveling and they were apart from each other a lot due to their jobs. I think in the back of her mind, she thinks that what she has with Yoongi might have the same outcome and she's terrified about it because her feelings have deepened for him. She's scared he'll find someone who he could see more often, or that being constantly absent from his life will make his feelings fade, eventually," Sarah shares with me.

"I see. I don't know exactly what's going through Yoongi's mind, but I know he puts a lot of effort for Melina. I can tell by his actions, and that's enough for me to know that he really does care for her, without a doubt. But, it's hard to be sure. We don't know what their relationship is like behind closed doors, so who knows if it'll be strong enough. I just hope for the best," I think out loud.

"Do you think there is a possibility it might not work out for them?" Sarah questions me.

"I don't know. I hope for the best when it comes to Yoongi and Melina, obviously. But, with their work lifestyles I can see how it can get complicated. But, that's just me. Yoongi cares about her so much, I think he has what it takes to give her what she wants in a relationship. It could work out in the long run, but it's hard to be sure. For me, I couldn't handle what they're going through, not right now, at least. That's why I'm focusing on myself because I don't think I could give my all for someone right now. I don't want to let that person down if I'm not able to give her everything she deserves in a relationship, such as my presence or my undivided attention." I think I shared more of my thoughts than I intended.

"Oh, I see," Sarah says. I see her staring off looking lost in thought. I try to change the subject. She rakes her fingers through her bed hair and looks away, momentarily.