20. Really Doing This

*Warning: Mature content ahead. Please read at your discretion. 🔞

*********

03/07/21-04/07/21

I just ended a call with Jungkook. I'm sitting here on the edge of my bed, thinking over everything we had just discussed on the phone.

Jungkook and I are in a relationship.

JUNGKOOK AND I ARE IN A RELATIONGSHIP?!

Well, I mean, we are going to try.

I pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming.

*pinch*

Ouch. Fuck. Okay. I'm awake.

I need to tell Melina. If the situation with her and Yoongi hadn't gotten any better, I would definitely keep this news to myself, for now. But, since Melina and Yoongi talked on Wednesday, and have decided to try to work on keeping what they have going between them, I definitely want to tell her about where things are going with Jungkook and I.

I exit my room and charge down the stairs.

"MEEEEEEEEEELLLLL!!!" I yell for my best friend.

"Calm down I'm right here," Mel says to me in a relaxed tone, while looking up to me from the couch.

As I walk across the living room, I sit opposite of her on the sectional couch.

"Sooooooo? Why were you yelling my name, Crazy?" Melina asks, while glaring at me, trying to study my demeanor. She grabs the tv remote and turns the volume down, Demon Slayer playing on the screen.

"I just got off the phone with Jungkook," I start explaining to her.

"Okay... and?" She stares at me waiting to hear more.

"I think he and I are going to try to be more than friends," I say out loud. Hearing myself say it out sounds crazy.

"Really?! He was so dead-set on avoiding any kind of commitment. Didn't he tell you he feels like he's not like the other members who can juggle a relationship and his idol career at the same time?" Melina states out, questioningly.

"Yeah, he did. When he called, I thought we were just going to talk about random stuff that's going on in each other's days, but then I brought up a coworker of mine wanting to fix me up on a date. At first he sounded like he was cool with it. Then, he was trying to get off the phone so abruptly. I could sense in his voice that he was annoyed. Which wasn't my intention. He told me I could see other people so I saw nothing wrong with sharing that detail about my coworker trying to fix me up."

"Sarah, did you bring that up to make him jealous?" Melina inquires, raising an eyebrow at me.

"That wasn't my intention at all. You know me! I just start ranting off with everything that goes on with my day. That part of my day just happened to come out. Anyway, when I asked if there was something wrong, he said there wasn't. I told him he can be open with me, and that's when he flat out said he didn't want me to go on the date my coworker is trying to fix me up on. Now, I'm doubting if he really wants to try or if he just wants to keep me to himself."