31. They're Here!

29/09/21

The door surveillance app that both Melina and I have on our phones go off at the same time, alerting that there is someone at the door. We both jump out of the sectional couch.

"I'VE GOT IT!" Melina yells, trying to push me out of the way.

"NO, I'VE GOT IT!" I fight back trying to pull her back by grabbing the back of her black loose sweater.

"Watch me, Slow-poke!" Melina hisses in front of me as she makes it to the door. I giggle behind her.

It really doesn't matter who makes it to the door, we are just naturally competitive with each other. And, I think our current playfulness is due to the fact that we are just incredibly excited about our current guests' arrival.

As soon as she makes it to the door, she swings it open, revealing Jungkook standing in front of the door, with Yoongi slightly to the left, behind him.

I see Jungkook outstretch his arms at the sight of me and I quickly push past Melina so I can be wrapped in his embrace. As soon as my arms are around his neck, and Jungkook has his arms wrapped around my waist, we can hear the impatient groans coming out of my roommate and Jungkook's bandmate.

"Will you guys move out of the way?!" Melina scoffs, sounding aggravated but with a teasing tone, making it obvious she's really not upset, but just simply missing her own boyfriend's embrace.

Jungkook lifts me in his strong arms, and I wrap my legs around his waist as he walks me into the middle of the living room, neither of us tearing our eyes away from each other.

"Oh, for fuck's sake! Get a room!" Melina teases us, shaking her head at us, then turning her attention to the man she's been missing, Yoongi.

I can't help but have a huge smile plastered on my face, with him also holding the same happy expression. As we make it to the center of the room, he sets me back to the ground.

"Hi, Kookie," I softly greet him as I wrap my arms right back round his neck.

"I missed you, baby," he says to me, following it with kissing me gently on the lips.

"I missed you so much. I'm just so glad you'll be here for a while," I say to him after we breakaway from the kiss.

I remember we are not alone and move my eyes towards the front door. I notice it's now closed and Yoongi has my best friend pressed against the door, and they look like they're taking in each other's presence just like Jungkook and I are doing so right at this moment. My heart warms at the sight because I know how much Melina and Yoongi seems to care for each other.

"Let's give them some privacy and go to my room to catch up before we leave for dinner, Kookie," I whisper to Jungkook.

"Sounds good to me. Does catching up mean you straddling me on your love seat?" he asks winking at me.

"I guess we just have to go upstairs for you to find out," I say with a straight face. I turn around and run up the stairs.

"Tease!" I hear him as he keeps his pace, running behind me.

~

It's now 5:30 in the afternoon and we are pulling up outside of Melina's parents' house.

When Melina told her parents that Yoongi would be in town for a little over a month, they told her she had to bring him over a couple times for dinner. They had met him back in March, and they seem to like him since he makes her happy.