23. Clarity

06/07/21

Ring Ring Ring

My 6am alarm clock wakes me up. I grab my phone to shut off the ringing, and notice all the missed calls and texts. Most of them were obviously from Jungkook. But several calls were from Namjoon, and he even texted me. That's strange. Out of all the members, he wouldn't be the first person I would assume to contact me. I would at least expect Yoongi to try to reach out to me for Jungkook. But, I chuck it up to Namjoon being the leader and assume he's just looking out for his member. Yes, I'm sure that's why he's trying to contact me.

I ignore Jungkook's messages for now, but I allow myself to read Namjoon's message.

So, this woman is involved with Namjoon and not Jungkook?!

Well, my heart feels less squashed on and I feel insane relief reading Namjoon's text. It's about 10pm where they are, but I need to get ready for work before I'd want to speak to Namjoon. I decide to text him first.

Sarah:
Hi, Namjoon. Thank you for reaching out to me. I need to get ready for work first. Would I be able to call you in about an hour? Maybe sooner. We can talk briefly.

Namjoon responds immediately after I sent the text.

Namjoon:
Yes, definitely. I'll wait for your call, Sarah.

After I read Namjoon's text, I hit the shower and and allow myself to quickly go through my morning routine. I throw on black lace undergarments, a black blouse, a pencil skirt and grab my pair of dark green low heeled pumps and throw it next to my front door to throw on later. After I'm dressed, I quickly blow dry my hair and put on light make up.

It is a quarter till 7 and I'm ready in record time. Since I have some time before I leave for work, I pick up my phone and dial Namjoon's number. A huge part of me is anxious to hear the truth behind those photos that were all over Twitter.

I listen to the phone ring a couple times, and he picks up.

Namjoon:
"Sarah?"

Sarah:
"Hi, Namjoon."

Namjoon:
"Hi, Sarah. Good morning, to you, on your side of the world. Anyway, I guess I should just start talking."

Sarah:
"I'm all ears, Namjoon."

Namjoon:
"Those leaked photos you saw online show Jungkook with a woman named Bora. She's in a well-known idol group herself, and she and I are... well, we were involved."