27. In the Clouds

27/08/21

"Babe, a bug will fly in if you keep your mouth open like that for too long," Jungkook tells me, and laughs while placing his pointer finger under my chin and helping me close my mouth.

He's reacting to my own jaw-dropping reaction, as I stare out the window of the SUV, seeing the site we are driving up to. Outside, I see a field with air balloons and my heart starts to race.

"Jungkook! Are we seriously getting in one of those?!" I ask, not being able to contain the excitement in my voice.

"You've mentioned before how you've always wanted to go on one, and I did some research and Mr. Kang helped with the booking! He made sure it's a time where it's not open to the public for our privacy," Jungkook smiles at me with his ridiculous bunny smile, which I end up squishing with my hands cupping his face.

"You're the best!" I squeal as I pull him in for a sweet kiss, lifting his bucket hat out of the way.

He pulls away, still with a smile plastered on, "Seems I made a good choice with this surprise!"

"You did! I was wondering why we had to drive over an hour and a half away, and so early, too! But, the drive is worth it! This is amazing, Kookie! Thank you!" I beam at him and he leans in and gives me a peck on the lips.

"I just want our short time together to be as special as possible, that's all," he says softly to me.

The SUV comes to a stop and Jungkook gets out of the vehicle. He holds his hand out and helps me out of the car. The two of us, who are flanked by Mr. Kang and Dowan, head straight to where we are supposed to check in.

We go through the necessary safety and precautions procedures that the staff have to go over with us. And, eventually the hot air balloon pilot who is taking us up into the air helps us get settled inside the giant basket.

In no time, the air balloon leaves the ground. As we get higher, I notice Mr. Kang taking photos of us on his phone, and Jungkook seems to have read my mind.

"I asked Mr. Kang to take photos of us for memories-sake. I thought you'd want pictures of us going up," Jungkook informs me, as we both look out the air balloon. Well, that's thoughtful and I'll definitely want those photos later because I don't want to forget this memory.

My arms are resting over the basket, while Jungkook stands behind me, slightly to my right, with his arms caging me in between, and his hands resting on the basket on either side of me. He nuzzled his head into my hair making me tingly inside.

"Kookie! We're getting higher up! Look at the scenery!" I utter in amazement.

The hot air balloon company owners also own a winery, so the view of the vineyard beneath is so eye-catching.

"We should make it a tradition to fly hot air balloons together in different countries," Jungkook suggests.

"You see us traveling everywhere and going on hot air balloons?!" I ask him. I'm surprised he's making such lofty plans with me already.

"Can't I make plans with you, Sarah? And, just the way you've looked since we've been airborne... you've had such a smile on your face."

"I can't help it. This is seriously amazing!" I breathe out as I turn my body slightly to look up at him.

"Exactly, that's why I want to do this again with you but in different parts of the world," he tells me with such sincerity in his voice that it makes my heart skip.

I turn my body a little bit more and hold my hand up on his cheek, and he takes the cue to lead forward and gives me a passionate kiss while we are up in the sky.