8. You Alright?

18/06/21

Jungkook's 1st Person POV

It's currently 11:30am. Me and the rest of the vocal-line just got off the stage after rehearsing 'House of Cards.'

The food has been brought over so we are all going to rest for a bit and get some sustenance before resuming practice. I definitely need a moment. I have been kind of out of it mentally. After the conversation I had with Sarah this morning, I just can't seem to think straight.

As I'm zoned out and staring off into nothing in particular, I sense someone sit next to me on the dressing room couch.

"Jungkook, you alright?" Yoongi asks, taking me out of my random trance.

"I don't know. I guess... not really, Hyung,"
I answer, looking over to him, "I feel so conflicted right now, I can't seem to focus."

"I was observing the performance just now, and I can tell your head wasn't fully in it. You need to talk it out? I'm hear to listen," Yoongi offers.

"It's Sarah. I..." I trail off. I've been doing that a lot, lately.

"I figured it had something to do with her especially when she wasn't at the suite for breakfast. What happened? I mean, if you don't want to talk about it, I get it," Yoongi tells me. I appreciate him offering to listen to me.

"I don't even know where to begin, Hyung," I say out loud.

"Well, why did she not stay in the suite? You said she was there and she had to leave, but why?" Yoongi asks me, assuming he's trying to help piece my thoughts together. I might as well tell him everything. I feel like he could help me organize my damn thinking.

"I made her upset with some things I said to her," I admit to my hyung.

"What did you say to her, Jungkook?" Yoongi asks, trying to sound calm. I get his concern because the person I upset is the best friend of the woman he cares about. And, I know he looks out for Sarah just much as he does for Melina.

"A lot of things were said. I guess I have to bring up some events that happened previously," I explain.

"Well, go on, take your time if you need to sort through your thoughts," Yoongi says, in a comforting way.

"You know how I slept with Sarah right before we left LA, right?" I remind Yoongi of that event.

"Right," He says, indicating that he's following along.

"Well, we both made it clear that neither of us wanted anything serious. You know how it goes, Hyung. Whenever anyone of us in the group has a night with someone, we have to set boundaries, so I did what I normally do, and told her I wasn't looking for anything serious. She agreed. After we had sex, we also discussed remaining friends," I say to Yoongi.

"Have you ever done that with any of your other past flings? Have you tried to stay friends with any of them?" Yoongi inquires.

"No. I never found the want or need with past quests. Unlike my past flings, I got to know Sarah as a friend, beforehand. When we exchanged numbers after we first had dinner with her and Melina at the Mexican restaurant in LA*, we just started texting each other and we would call each other in the evening after I was done with my day. It was comforting talking to her about shared interests as well as random topics. Remember the movie night you went to at their house?"

"Yes, the one that Sarah also invited you to," he confirms that he remembers.

"Well, I didn't go because I was afraid of coming over to her place and being tempted," I sigh. "Hyung, I really valued finally meeting someone who didn't seem pretentious and who I felt incredibly comfortable talking to who isn't in our group, our staff or family. But, at the same damn time, I can't deny how breathtakingly beautiful I found her. She would send me innocent selcas while we would text since I started sending selcas to her, and I was constantly reminded that not only does she have an intriguing personality, but she's also someone I'm attracted to, physically. And, for the record, the pictures weren't anything provocative. A lot of them were goofy, but most of our selcas were just us showing what the other was doing. One time, she sent me a full body mirror selca of her at her boxing class. I still have that damn picture. Shit, I'm getting slightly off topic. Anyway, I thought I'd be tempted to make a move if I went over to her place," I tell him a lot of information that I hope he was able to retain.