9. What's With The Cold Shoulder?

19/06/21

It's the morning of the first Muster concert in Busan. I head to the suite with Melina, Yoongi, and his close friend/bodyguard, Joyeong, who all came by my hotel room to get me. We are going to have breakfast with everyone before the guys head over to the arena to rehearse and do soundcheck.

When we enter, only a couple managers are present along with Hoseok, Roxy and Jin. It's only 7:15am, so it makes sense that not a lot of people are up yet.

People eventually start arriving. First, I see Sejin enter with Namjoon. Then, Yoohyeon comes in dragging a sleepy Taehyung in with her. Not long after, I see Jungkook saunter in with Jimin and another one of their managers.

I try to make eye contact with Jungkook, and when our eyes meet, I try to wave, but instead of waving back, he gives me a small smile and quickly looks away. He heads to the opposite side of the the suite to talk to Sejin and another manager.

Okay. That's nothing, right? I'll try not to think about it too much. I'll just allow myself to enjoy conversation with the people surrounding me for the time being.

About a half hour passes, and people are slowly leaving the suite. I see that Jungkook is by the table grabbing a couple more things to take on the road to snack on while they're on their way to the stadium.

I decide to make my way to the table to see if I can at least exchange some friendly words with him.

"Hey, Jungkook," I greet him from behind.

He turns around to face me and gives me a meek smile, looks down briefly, then looks back at me, "Hi, Sarah, I actually have to go right now, excuse me."

Then he walks past me and heads to the suite door. And, before I know it, he's out of sight. Did he just run away from me?!

Cool. Why even bother trying?!

~

Jungkook's 1st Person POV

I can't believe I blew off Sarah this morning and just walked away from her. I mentally freaked out and had to get out of the suite. I was nervous and I still felt bad for how our conversation went yesterday morning. I hated seeing her upset yesterday, and I was afraid we would have another disagreement and still not see eye-to-eye. But, maybe avoiding her like the plague isn't the best move.

There are a couple hours left before the boys and I hit the stage for our first Muster concert of the year. My family said they're going straight to their section once they arrive here at the arena and that they will meet me after the show to meet briefly. Since the concert will end late, my whole family is planning on coming by for rehearsals tomorrow morning to spend more time. I'm relieved they aren't coming backstage tonight because I would just feel awkward with Junghyun and Sarah being in the same room. I figure they'll see each other during the concert, and that's totally fine. It's just that I plan on sucking it up and getting Sarah somewhere private to talk, and I feel like Junghyun would get in my way somehow.

I enter the dressing room and stop at the entrance when my phone buzzes. I see a text from my mom saying they are getting close to the venue and can't wait to see us perform. They've been to so many shows and I appreciate my mom always sounding excited everytime she attends a concert. I text her back. As, I'm texting my eomma, I hear a familiar voice behind me.