lesson 46: elite people smoke elite cigarettes

Hi fellow friends, today I present you long awaited Ethan Torchio driving and smoking

Enjoy,

*

Cigarette smoke doesn't hide
As well as you think
And you'd think that it oughta
Act as the perfect disguise

(Cigarette Smoker Fiona- Arctic Monkeys)

*

When I had arrived to Damiano's house in a weekend morning, first thing Ethan did was to push me put of the house and and make me sit in his car. He looked pretty sleepy.

"You so don't want to be there right now." he said as he was turning on the car engine ."Apparently Hanna is out of town with her parents so Marlena is with us for days now. She missed her mother and being all cranky. Can't sleep for days now."

I looked at him with compassion. "I'm sorry," I said.

"No it's fine. " he shrugged. He lit himself a cigarette as he turned the car to the familiar road. I could see we were going to the spot where we usually went. The hill where I had given him... Well... That hill.

It was a beautiful road full of trees in the both sides. I looked at him. He had opened the window so wind was coming inside, messing with his hair which he put into a bun. He had jammed his cigarette in between his lips, leaving both hands empty. His one hand was on the wheel. He had reached to my thigh with other, resting it there. I was wearing a skirt over a fish-net along with my black boots. His long fingers with black painted nails were touching my bare skin because my skirt had pulled up. He let a smoke leave his lungs. It was a pleasing view to look at. He was wearing a black shirt.

"Can you pass me one of yours'" I asked because he had made me crave for cigarette. "I left my pack at home."

I had never been the type to carry around cigarettes and smoke daily. I smoked since I was very young. Because I had no one to teach me it was early. I was lucky enough I could control myself about this. I loved smoking cigarettes but I had my moments for that. This was one of those.

He passed me his pack. It was the French brand Gauloises. I saw him looking at me with a smirk. I knew this was a strong cigarette and he hadn't really seen me smoke too often.

"It's not like your your blue Chesterfields," he said mockingly as he was passing me his cigarette instead of a lighter for me to light my cigarette.

I inhaled the smoke without any problem, "I'm sorry if I don't want to have lung cancer before I turn 40." I said.

"Elite people smoke elite cigarettes. Gauloises are the best you can find."

He had pronounced the brand like a true French person. "How many times did you practice to say it perfect?" I teased him. It was hard as an Italian to pronounce French words. At least for me.

"It sounds charismatic isn't it?" he asked with a smirk. It actually looked and sounded charismatic but I didn't want to admit it.

We pulled over after a while, when we reached to the place. We got out of the car and sat in front of it.

"I wish I could take you out to an actual date..." he said out of nowhere. "We started everything in a wrong way and I don't like we still can't make it right."

I leaned my head to his shoulder. "This feels right. Isn't it enough? And I think we passed the dating stage." I giggled to cheer him up a little bit. According to his rules, you weren't even supposed to kiss on a first date. We had passed that stage a while ago.

"Will we hide this, for ever?" he asked. I looked at the city in front of us. I didn't want to make eye contact with him.

"You have to take Miruna to prom," I said. "She deserves it. We behind all of their backs, the least we can do is to help her be the prom queen. Also we have to be sure that Thomas has no feelings for me. It's hard to figure out his feelings, he is too confusing. But we cannot risk him leaving the group. As selfish as that sounds, you need your band to ran from your father."

He sighed. He knew I was right. I hated being right about this, but I was.

"You know I've never felt anything for Miruna right? I know she doesn't have for me as well. You are not a cheater. None of us are."

He was referring to that time Carter had called me one.

"I know," he said simply but I was still not comfortable about this. I couldn't seem to get rid of the guilt.

After a while of silence, I heard Ethan's breathing get regular. His head on mine had gotten heavier as well. I pulled away from his shoulder. I looked at his very visible under eyes. He opened his eyes when I pulled my head because his head lost support. He blinked for a couple of times.

"You are really tired aren't you?" I asked.

"Yeah. Not used to being around a baby all the time."

I giggled. The idea that was in my mind for a while had showed itself again. I knew it was early and I was afraid of him taking it in the wrong way. But there was also a voice saying "Why not?" in my head.

"You can come to my house for as long as you want." I said, not looking at his eyes. I was watching our matching black Doc Martens.

"You want me to move in with you?" he asked, surprised.

"Well, not wanting you to move in. You need a place to sleep in and I live alone. We spend most of our time together anyway. It would be a temporary situation until you figure out your future."

"So you want me to move in with you?" he asked again.

I shrugged, this time looking into his eyes. " I'd told you we had passed the going on dates stage."

He laughed, throwing his head to back. "Yeah, you had told that."

"You don't have to, of course. I just figured my place is quite than Damiano's."

He shrugged, "It would be easier to have sex without a baby around." He grinned.

I hit his arm. "You are a jerk."

"Yeah, but you like me."

I had realized he had used the word like. He had told me he loved me before. I hadn't. Maybe this was the time.

"I love you, you idiot."

*

*

*screams in single*