lesson 23: good bad-boys and bad good-boys

Hi! Another chapter for the day. I have a question lol

Do you read the song lyrics I put in the beginning of every chapter. I try to relate every song to the chapter and ı enjoy doing it a lot. But if it bores you, I shouldn't be bothering. Lemme know <3

Also as much as I try to avoid cliches, this is a fanfiction set in a high school so keep that in mind. Of course we need some drama, cliche and a little bit of toxicity.

She was just 19, but in here eyes she was old enough to know

We were caught between two city streets like a bad dream

We could barely survive in the world outside where the writing's on the wall
Still she lets me know, we just can't let go, and she takes my heart away, oh

(King of Hearts- Kiss)

*

When I entered the school building, I saw everyone except Damiano but including Miruna, standing in the garden, before the trees. They all were smoking. I walked near them.

Victoria saw me first. She was usually quiet and careless about the world around her but even her eyes got bigger with surprise. "Did you get your septum pierced?" she asked, taking everyone's attention to me. I saw all their eyes fill with surprise. All except one.

"It is not really your style." Miruna said. "Where did it come from."

I looked at Ethan for a millisecond then turned back at her. "My mom is in town. I think I wanted to piss her off." I said shrugging. I had gotten better at this lying thing. Because thanks to Ethan, I had to lie a lot recently.

I saw Thomas looking at Ethan's ear, to his newly done piercing. "Did you get it together?" he asked. I felt for the first time, that we'd fucked up.

"Naah." Ethan said. "I wouldn't do anything with that noisy girl without you. I'm scared she might actually kill me. I was with Dami yesterday. One of his gangster friends convinced me to do it."

Well luckily, Ethan was a good liar too. No one asked further questions about it. We split apart when the class time arrived. I was walking in the hallway when I heard Ethan's voice.

"That was close." he said, he sounded enjoyed. 

"Maybe it'll teach you not to be this reckless." I said. He laughed and shrugged. We walked for a minute or so before I saw an unpleasant face walking through us.

"Hi Carmen. Is this the new you now? Wearing eyeliner, getting piercings." Carter said. Even hearing his voice had disgusted me.

"Fuck off." I said, looking at his eyes furiously.

"Oh!" he said as if he had figured an important thing out. "I know what else is new! The boy next to you? This also new right? Fucking a different guy - a bad guy- every week."

I was angry but Ethan was clearly angrier. I heard him say, "Carmen, if I may?". Without understanding what was going on, I saw Ethan throwing his fist to Carter's face.  Just in seconds, they were on the floor, fighting. I looked around, to see someone who could break up the fight. I only then realized Ethan, along with his friends, was the untouchable guy of the school. No one had the guts to be involved in his fight. I knew no one could take Carter away from him and to be honest, I didn't want to break up the fight either.