lesson 36: if you tell too many lies, it's hard to stay consistent

you already know who is in the multimedia so I'm not repeating it lol

you know how I said I was going to study? Guess not :D

I cannot stop writing aaaaaaaaa because things are starting to take a different turn. Maybe they took a different turn, I cannot tell quite yet.

Also I'm not sure how long the story is supposed to be. I think we'll see it over time. There's a lot that I want to cover as of now so we have a long way to go <3

Enjoy,

I could never change
Just what I feel
My face will never show
What is not real
(I could've lied-Red Hot Chili Peppers)
*

In the next three days following that night, everything was back to normal but all was so different too. I had started to avoid Ethan, half unintentionally. Of course we were talking and spending time mostly at Damiano's but it was still weird to look at his face, pretending that nothing had happened.

And I wasn't sure what had happened myself. I had no idea why this had affected me the way it did. It just felt different. Getting close to him like that without any lesson thing. And I had actually enjoyed it. It was too weird for me.

Trying to stay away from him had brought me and Miruna closer. Well, it had brought Miruna, I and Victoria closer because they were always together now.

The three of us were leaving school when we encountered Thomas. He joined us for a cigarette. He greeted the other two by nodding and looked at me. "Hi Carmen."

"Hi," I said smiling.

We stood near the tree for a couple minutes, smoking. I couldn't help but wonder where Ethan were. I thought he would be Ethan since Miruna was with me the whole day.

Victoria put her cigarette out. "I haven't seen David since last week's rehearsals. Should we visit him?" she asked.

Oh  no.

"Wouldn't it be rude to show up unannounced?" I said. My voice had come out more nervous than I anticipated.

"It's Dami. His house was our shelter throughout his high school years. " Thomas said. He seemed like he liked the idea.

"I'll call Ethan too. It's been a while since we all hang out together," Miruna said. I looked at all three of them. Though I had learned to lie to one, three people was impossible for me to convince. I wished Ethan was here to save my ass.

"I don't really feel well," I said. "Maybe I shouldn't come." This was a risky thing to say because there was a good chance they decided to go without me.

"Come, It'll be fun." Thomas said.

"Come on Carmen. Don't be a buzzkiller. We don't get opportunities like this so often." Miruna insisted.

I dropped my shoulders. I had nothing to do at this point. It would be worse if they went without me.

I texted Ethan when I was sure no one was looking.

Others are going to Damiano's. Call him.

I didn't wait for his response. I started to walk behind them as they were walking to his house. I wanted to call Damiano myself but I was scared they might hear me.

We walked to his house and I was nervous all the way there. All I could hope was that Marlena wasn't with him.

He welcomed us in a nervous way. The way he looked at me showed that he had talked to Ethan, which was a relief.