lesson 29: trust me isn't an efficient birth control

HII ! I love reading the comments of the last chapter lmao. Freaking out at home ngl

Enjoy,

And I go
I take a boat to move on
To the other side of world
And row against the flow
(You, The  Ocean and Me-Thalles)

We walked in the house, still not getting over the initial shock. The baby that was asleep in Damiano's arm woke up when the door was closed and started to cry.

"Shit." Damiano said, "Shit,shit,shit,shit. Hanna was supposed to be here an hour ago fuck."

Ethan looked at the baby and to Damiano. "I'm not sure you're supposed to be swearing near that thing."

Damiano was trying to put the baby to sleep again now, looking worried. I asked what both Ethan and I had in mind.

"Damiano..." I said. "Please don't tell me it's yours."

He looked at us both, guiltly.

No way, I thought to myself. No fucking way. He was a father. He was actually a dad.

"So you are a..." Ethan said and paused. "So you are a dilf."

Even though the situation wasn't something to be laughed about, I couldn't help myself. Damiano laughed too.

"Fuck off." he said. The baby was now silent. We all sat down. Damiano put the baby to a crib. When I first came to this house for the party, I would never imagine a fucking crib in it.

"When?" I asked. "How?"

"Well she was born a week ago and she is out of the hospital for only three days. Hanna somehow managed to hid her pregnancy from her parents, only her aunt knows. So she is with her parents' house now. She had to take the baby for the night to bring her to her aunt but she didn't show up and I have no idea how to take care of a newborn baby. And as of how-" He started grinning.

"Shut up." Ethan interrupted him. I looked at the crib. The baby was really little. So little. I had never seen a child younger than maybe 2 years old. And this thing was only a week old.

"I initially planned to keep her a secret." Damiano said looking at us. "That's why I asked you to move out. I didnt consider you could show up at my door in the middle of the night. Is something wrong by the way?" he asked. He was probably only now thinking about the reason why we had showed up at his door.

Remembering what happened had broke my heart again.

"Your friend is a jerk." I said. I saw Damiano looking at Ethan. "He really is."

"Not that one." I said. Damiano understood I was talking about Thomas.

We had never actually told him about what was going on but he had caught up somehow. He never said it but we knew he knew.

"Oh." he said, saying the only thing he could. There were a silence for a couple of minutes. I talked to break the gloomy air.

"Screw me. I still can't believe you are a fucking father. How will you guys support a child as two teenagers and without the support of an adult."

He sighed, he looked pretty nervous which was understandable. I would freak out. Even thinking about it was too much for me.

"Well, I wasn't lying I actually work at the gas station. Hanna is working at Burger King now. We take shifts for taking care of the baby for the mornings and her aunt takes care of it for the nights. Well at least thats how we did it for the last three days. Until she decided to ditch me today. I'm kinda glad you came. I had never spent a night alone with her."

I looked at the crib again. Everything was still feeling surreal.

"Believe me I won't be any help." I said. I had always been alone, in my entire life. I had me to take care of, so I didn't have the energy to take care of someone else. I knew Miruna had a younger sister and I had seen her time to time but that was my only interaction with a child.

"Me neither." Ethan said.

"I have an older brother who got married recently. Should I call him? Maybe he remembers how he took care of me when we were young." Damiano said, trying to find a solution.

"Wouldn't your parent find out if you tell him?" I asked. He dropped his shoulders.

I remember he had told that his parents moved to a different country for buisness a couple years ago. Now they only send money to him time to time and pay his rent.

Ethan got out of the couch and went near to the crib. He looked inside of it for a second.

"I always thought your child would come out of the womb with tattoos. This thing actually looks like a decent baby."

Damiano rolled his eyes at him. "Her aunt says she looks more like me and not Hanna. Also that thing is a girl and has a name."

I felt like if we continue to refer as "it" to her, it would be less real. But when he mentioned a name, I couldn't help but ask what it was.

"What's her name." I asked.

"Marlena." Damiano said, that was the first time he actually smiled during the evening. "Hanna let me choose it."
*
*
I opened my eyes to a catastrophe. The whole house was filled with cryings and screams.

"OH GOD DAVID THE DILF! LEARN HOW TO SHUT HER UP!" I heard Ethan scream.

We had spend the night at Damiano's place. He had taken the crib to his room and we had slept on the living room, in the empty couches.

Marlena had cried non-stop for the whole night, making it impossible to sleep, at all.

Damiano showed up at the living room with Marlena in her arm.

"I'll leave now. She really needs her mother. We've run out of breast milk." He looked at me with an expression I didn't like.

"Carmen you can't possibly-"

I interrupted him immediately. "You really need a biology lesson." I told him. He giggled. "It was worth to try."

When he left the house, we also did too. We had school, unfortunately. We grabbed bagel to our way there.

"I'll talk to Thomas," I heard Ethan say. I looked at him.

"You really don't have to."

"I promise I won't tell that you saw him. I'll tell I saw him and he should be more careful if he wants to start something with you. Don't worry, I'll talk to him as his friend, not yours'."

I looked at him and gave him a broken smile. I knew I couldn't change his mind so I didn't try to do so.

We entered the school, both yawning. Everyone around as was also yawning because of the party last night.

"People are tired of partying and we are tired of listening to a baby cry for a whole night. It's not fair." I said. Ethan laughed and we split before anyone saw us.
*
*
I repeat, Damiano Dilf David