lesson 22: being abandoned is never your fault

Helloooo! Second chapter of the day and I don't think it'll be the last because I have the plot figured out for the next few chapters.

I study a little and come back here to write lmao. My academic career is on thin ice.

Anway, Enjoy

*

I hear the ticking of the clock
I'm lying here the room's pitch darkI wonder where you are tonightNo answer on the telephone
And the night goes by so very slow
Oh I hope that it won't end thoughAlone
Till now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met youAnd now it chills me to the bone

(Alone- Hearts)

*

"Can we, not?" I asked Ethan. I tried my best to find a soft spot in him. But as expected, there were non.

"I already booked it for us. You have to."

I rolled my eyes at him. There were no reason going soft on him because it clearly wasn't working at all. I brought back my attitude towards him.

"You are a jerk and I hate you." I said. He smiled in response. "No need to confess your love for me Carmen. I already know." he said.

I rolled my eyes at him again and entered the studio. It was both a tattoo place and a piercing place. There were big muscular men with tattoo covered bodies.

"Maybe I should've made you get a tattoo," he said, looking at the men who is tattooing a girl. I looked at him, angrily. "Don't even think about it." I said. He laughed about it and walked to the guy responsible with appointments. He told him a couple of things I couldn't hear. After that, the guy called out someone. It was a woman in her early 40s.

"Who's first?" she asked. I looked at Ethan, frowning. "Will you get your septum pierced as well?" I asked.

"It would look terrible on me but I just wanted to get something so I'll get my helix pierced."

I shrugged. He went first and got his helix pierced in just minutes. The women made me have a seat next. I thought I would be nervous but I actually felt nothing. Nothing at all. I was just excited to see how it would turn out. I realized I didn't hate the idea, at all.

It hurt a little but it wasn't anything unbearable. Once it was done, I looked at the mirror. I actually liked it. But I wasn't going to let Ethan know, giving him the satisfaction.

"You look like a cow," he made the stereotypical joke. I wasn't offended or anything. I knew he was joking. But he looked like he was worried of me potentially getting offended. "A hot cow." he said.

I laughed loudly. "You really shouldn't say that in public." I said. He laughed too. We payed for the piercings and left the studio. 

"Do you have any time?" he asked. I had nothing more than I had time at the moment. I would do anything to not to go home. "Sure," I said. "Why not."

We settled to his red car-truck and he started to drive. I felt him looking at me through the rear view mirror. When he saw I'd seen him looking, "Septum was a right choice." he said.