"Pretty simple. I jumped in after you and brought you back up to the surface." He said, cheekily. I gave him a blank stare and urged him to speak in detail. He sighed. "I had just left the pool area and I was going to find Addison who would have helped me find you, but then I bumped into Harry, who told me that he saw you going to the pool area. Just when I was walking towards the pool, I heard a splash and saw you drowning."

"Oh." I muttered rather dumbly. 

"I have a question for you," he began, sitting a bit straight. "How did you end up in water if you didn't know how to swim?"

I looked away in embarrassment as I remembered the reason why I was hiding from him. Heat flushed to my cheeks as Ethan eyed me carefully, waiting for my answer. "I was trying to hide from you and unintentionally ended near the pool area. I felt a hand touch my shoulder which scared me and I fell back into the pool."

"So clumsy." He teased. "Who scared you?"

"Lizzy." I answered as I recall the shock look of Lizzy.

Ethan nodded in understanding. "Why were you hiding from me?" 

Even though, he asked the question innocently with an innocent face, he could not hide the mischief glint in his eyes. He knows why I was hiding, yet wants to hear from my mouth. 

"Because of last night." I muttered, looking away as my face felt hot from embarrassment of last night. 

Ethan laughed loudly causing me to scoff at him in return. My embarrassment was soon replaced with anger as I crossed my arms and pouted. "Stop laughing."

"Oh. This never gets old." He grinned. "You really entertain me a lot." 

I scoffed yet again, but didn't say anything and let my cheeks cool down. "I want to go home."

Ethan stopped laughing and shook his head. "No. You are staying here tonight."

"No. I want to go home. Lizzy will be back soon. She can take care of me." I argued.

"Scarlett, I am not letting you go home today so don't fight with me on this." He said, his voice turning serious and hard. Woah! I've never heard Ethan with such serious voice. It's hot. But he is never going to know.

"Fine. But what about your family and Lizzy?" I asked.

"I'll talk to them while you inform your friend. I'll be right back. Don't get up and just rest." He said as he picked the tray and walked out.

Quickly, I searched around the room and found my phone on the nightstand and typed in a small message to Lizzy informing her about my situation. I placed the phone back in its place and looked around his spacious room. It was thrice the size of my room. 

My attention was drawn to the closed window. I quickly stood up and opened the window a little and shivered as the cold air kissed my skin. 

"What are you doing?" I heard Ethan say from the doorway. "I though I said not to get up."

"First, I don't take orders from you and second, I couldn't sit here when I know the window is close." I said, walking back to my place on the bed. He knows I'm claustrophobic. Why ask such questions.

"I know why you want to keep the window open, Scarlett. But you have fever and I cannot let you keep the window open. You will fall more ill." Ethan argued and walked over to close the window.

"Ethan-" I began as I felt the panic grip me, but he shook his head.

"I am keeping the window close, but I will keep the bathroom door open with one light switched on. I will be sleeping next to you. I promise I will protect you through the night." He said, his voice lacing with sincerity. 

My mind went blank as soon as he said that he would be sleeping here with me. "You are sleeping here with me on the same bed?"

Ethan looked around and frowned. "What? No, I was going to sleep on my magical bed which is 20 feet high." 

I gave him a flat look. Leave it to him to crack stupid jokes like that. "I am not sleeping on the same bed as you."

Ethan sighed and rubbed his forehead. Without answering me, he walked into his closet and took few clothes and walked into the bathroom to change. He came back and as promised kept the bathroom door open with its light on. He switched off the other lights and rounded the bed. I watched him with wary eyes as he pulled the duvet of his bed and laid on his side.

I opened my mouth to scold him or better yet, made a move to get up, but he hooked his arm around my waist and pulled me down on the bed in a sleeping position. He cuddled me closer to his body, his warmth enveloping me in cocoon. Unconsciously, a blissful sigh left my mouth.

"You argue a lot. Sometimes you should just accept what life gives you without a question." He whispered.

I stayed silent and listened to his heartbeat which lulled me to sleep. I closed my eyes and relaxed as I felt darkness trying to pull me in. Before I could give into my conscious, I asked. "Did you have dinner?"

I felt a dull vibration on my back as his melodic voice reached my ears in soft chuckle. "Don't worry about my dinner, love. Just go to sleep."

I did not reply to him and let the darkness pull me into a dream of a certain handsome which I was growing feelings for.

**

The room was eerily silent with no noise coming from my surrounding. My body felt hot from being wrapping around a blanket and a hard muscle wall which kept on moving. A soft tickling touch teased my cheeks gently causing me to snuggle closer into the feeling. 

All to soon, the feeling was gone replaced by an irritating blaring sound coming from my surrounding. 

I groaned as I felt the hard muscle move a little, changing my comfortable position along with it. I turned around and this time snuggled into the soft surface and was just about to drift off when I heard a loud voice.

"I'm back!" The voice yelled.

Confused by the voice of a man, I furrowed my eyebrows in question. I was at home sleeping in my room on my bed in the apartment owned by Lizzy and I without any male species. The events of last night flashed in my confused and disoriented mind, causing me to snap my eyes open. The sleep now forgotten with my body high on alert. I heard a groan from beside me followed by few curses.

I sat up straight and turned my head in the direction of the voice and found Ethan talking to someone on the phone. His one hand was thrown over his eyes while the other holds the phone to his ears. From his body language, I could tell that he was not happy to be woken this early by the phone call.

"I am coming to meet you in the office during lunch. Be ready." The voice said. Even though, the phone was not on speaker, I could hear the voice due its high tone and increase volume.

Ethan muttered with an okay and threw the phone next to him on the bed. It looked like he was ready to go back to sleep. I clearly wasn't.

I cleared my throat loudly to gain his attention which I got as he removed the arm that was covering his eyes and looked at me in question. He didn't look surprise to see me either.

"If you don't mind me asking," I began, looking at his droopy eyes and sleepy form. "Who was that person who doesn't understand the term 'right time' to call you?"

Ethan chuckled, his voice hoarse from sleep that sounded desirable and sexy as if luring his prey to listen to him enchantingly. 

"Landon."

**
Hello!

Many of you have requested to speed up a little with the story so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to update as fast as I can.

We have enough of Scarlett and Ethan moments. Now it's time to enter others. I'll try my best to not miss out on any plot holes in order to speed the story. So wear your seatbelts because we are in for a ride now.

This chapter could be a little boring for few but the next chapter is good, I promise. Until then.

Read Vote Comment. :) Don't forget to follow me and share the book as much as you can.