Ch.83 Ingition Of War

Start from the beginning

Kirito: Let's go check up on Eugeo and the villagers.

........

It was a clear blue sky as Rulid Village was being repaired. Alice was preparing Amayori to leave as Selka ran towards her.

Selka: So, you're really leaving?

Alice: Yes. Selka, we can't stay here. There's a war coming and we need to be there. But once everything's done, I'll come back. Just as plain Alice Zuberg.

Eugeo: Selka.

Eugeo hopped off Amayori as Alice hopped on.

Eugeo: Thank you.

Selka: Huh? For what?

Eugeo: Back before I met Mav, I could tell you wanted to help me but I was too caught inside my sorrow.

Selka: It was nothing. But to be honest, like you said, it was Mav that pushed you to go out and find my sister.

Eugeo: Yeah, you're right. But, still..... I feel like I needed to get it off my chest.

Selka: Heh, you've changed, Eugeo.

Eugeo: Really? I haven't noticed.

Selka: I have....

Selka wrapped Eugeo in a hug.

Selka: Take care of yourself and my sister okay? Oh and be sure to look after Mav.

Eugeo: You know I will. I'll see you later, Selka.

Selka: Goodbye Eugeo. I'll be praying for You and Sis's return. Hopefully Mav will be awake too!

Eugeo: Yeah!

Eugeo climbed atop Amayori as they lifted off. Alice and Eugeo waved as Selka chased the dragon as it flew off. Eugeo looked towards Alice who had her attention forward flying Amayori. He smiled before glancing at Mav.

Eugeo:?

Eugeo took a second glance at Mav and saw that the one corner of his mouth was slightly raised giving a very faint smirk.

........

On the outside, in the secondary control room, Kikuoka was assessing the situation.

Asuna: What're we dealing with?

Kikuoka: Well, it seems that these enemies have injured some of our guys but nothing fatal. They control sectors 1 through 12 which is near the nuclear reactor. But since they haven't touched it, they obviously aren't trying to blow up the facility. Most likely, they're after our lightcube cluster. Where our A.I.s in the Underworld are stored.

Shino: What makes you so sure?

Kikuoka: Well, that's the main point of this facility there's no other reason they'd be here. And if they're here then they must know about the two A.I.s that we need to extract.

Shino: I heard you talking with Y/N, Alice and Eugeo are the ones right?

Kikuoka: That's right.

Shino: How is Y/N anyways? I'm worried about when the power cut out.

Higa: I checked earlier. Mister L/N's brain activity went through the roof before he contacted us. But when those guys cut the power, it caused a power surge and caused mister L/N's brain to shut down for a quick second. I ran a scan and it thankfully wasn't life threatening. However, his mind is in a slumbering state as it recovers. His body in there is probably asleep. So hopefully he wakes up soon.

Asuna: Can't we ask for help from the outside?

Kikuoka: We can't. They've cut the main power and our auxiliary power doesn't cover long- distance communication. From what I heard, someone told them that we've been taken hostage. A hostage rescue US ship has been deployed and is on their way to get in here. But it'll take about 24 hours.