Museums & Memories

Începe de la început

Me: I'm fine, we're going somewhere. I'm not sure exactly where.
Mom: Okay. Why do you sound annoyed?

I rolled my eyes.

Me: I'm not annoyed. I'm tired.

*2 new notifications*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sherman Oaks Castle Park (10:20 AM)
"This was a really good surprise!" They took us to play mini-golf and go to the arcade! I've never played before so this was all interesting to me. Since there were 60 of us, we had to be split up into smaller groups. This made this 10x more fun and interesting.
"Porter, that's cheating! Mr. Fletcher, he's cheating! It isn't even his turn yet!"
"I don't see a thing." Fletcher commented.
"Ugh, you boys are so annoying."
"Look at him, all of these strokes and he can't even get it in the hole. Let him go, he'll lose anyway." Preston pointed out. I giggled.
"I don't know what you're giggling about, Bella.
"I'm giggling at you being idiotic. Let Alexis go!"
"Hell no!"
"You see, this is exactly why I hate playing these with you guys, you don't have to be so damn competitive!" Hannah said. Porter finally moved and it was my turn.
"You're up, Bella." I walked over to my mint green ball and prepared to swing. Just as I was about to swing Jake swung instead, and his ball went directly into the hole.
"You're a dickhead, you know? It's courteous to let the other group go and not interrupt their game." I told him. Jake was playing golf with my other friends and we ended up clashing at times.
"Look at you getting upset for no reason, I'm just playing."
"Really? Every single time it's my turn you pull some bs. It isn't cute anymore!"
"You thought my existence was cute?" I hit the ball and instead of going straight into the hole, it swerves to the left. Great, no I have to deal with Jake and his bs again. I went back in line and Hannah smiled.
"I saw the way you smiled at him."
"You pay too much attention to me, focus on winning the game." I joked.
"Why won't you just date him?" She asked me.

Why won't I just date him?
Why?
What's the reason?
Is there even a reason?
My parents would probably kill me.
I've done a fair amount of things that I shouldn't have done, so that can't be it.

A couple of months ago...

"What is that?" I asked Ethan.
"Shandy."
"What's that? Is it like a soda or something?"
"Bella, please don't play dumb, it's alcohol."
"Ethan! How did you get past school security with that?!!" I asked him as we walked into an empty staircase.
"It looks and smells like juice, they didn't notice shit."
"So you've been just downing that all day?"
"Yes, is there a problem??!" Hannah walked upstairs and saw us.
"What are you guys doing here? We have French in two minutes."
"Ethan's drinking." She paused.
"Are you okay, Bella?"
"I'm fine, I'm just confused as to how he got through security with it."
"Look, it isn't a big deal, you need to chill. Here have some." He handed me the bottle and I stared at it briefly. I haven't had alcohol since my warehouse days.
"Ethan, Bella is uncomfortable-"
"No, it's fine." I finished the bottle and they both stared at me like I was crazy.
"What?"
****************
Christina's House (1:45 PM) (Leia's Perspective)
Because I don't have dance classes anymore and it's almost summer I was allowed to go to Christina's house after school."
"I'll come to pick you up in time for dinner, okay Lei?"
"Okay, Lucy! Bye!" I gave her a big hug before she left.
"So girls, what's the plan for today?" Mr. Moreau asked us.
"Can we go to the sprinklers?!" Christina asked.
"I don't have a swimsuit or change of clothes."
"That's a bummer." I put on my thinking face.
"Why don't we go roller skating girls? We have plenty of time." I love rollerskating! I went rollerskating at Bella's birthday party and it was loads and loads of fun. Just when you're not falling. That's embarrassing.
"That would be awesome!" I said.
"And Dad could do his trick!"
"You can do a trick, Mr. Moreau??"
"Definitely! You'll see once we get to the rink." I giggled.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Rick's Roller Rink (2:57 PM)
We were having a lot of fun at the rink! I could do so many laps and not be tired! Christina and I were skating next to each other so we could talk and stuff.
"Lei?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm kind of sad for first grade to end." She told me.
"Are you sad?"
"A little because I'm gonna miss you guys. I'm gonna miss our teachers, our classmates, and our classroom. I'm gonna miss everything!" Our last day of school was on Wednesday and after that, it'd really be summer.
"But we're gonna hang out a lot, right?"
"Well, I'm going on vacation to see my Grandma and Grandpa." She said.
"I'm going on vacation too." I said.
"Bummer town."
"I got it!" Christina started skating faster.
"Hey! Slow down! What is it? I wanna know!"
"You gotta catch me to find out!"
******************
The Arcade (11:27 AM) (Bella's Perspective)
"Ugh, this stupid game!" I swear that this game is cheating me! I got the max amount of points and somehow I only got 5 tickets??! This sucks.
"Why are you so pissed?" Leah asked.
"Because Leia's been texting me every day to remind me to bring her back something and if I don't she's going to trash my room."
"Yikes. What are you trying to get her?"
"Uh, the pink and purple polka dot stuffed bear. She says that purple and blue, but only powder blue and teal are her in her list of favorite colors." Leah laughed.
"She always cracks me up. I don't know why you say she's evil. She's been so sweet the times I've watched her."
"It's all an act."
"Whatever you say."
"Hey, Le?"
"Yeah?"
"Remember that time in 7th grade we were so bored that we decided to make a YouTube series?"
"Oh my god, I remember. It was so embarrassing."
"Hey, guys! It's Leah and Bella, and welcome back to Boredom Busters!" We both couldn't stop laughing.
"And now we hate on 12-year-olds."
"I know, very hypocritical of us."
"You Won!" The machine declared.
"Don't you miss that though, in a weird way?"
"I do. In a very twisted, very weird way."
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Donut Life Museum (Westminster, CA)
"Hello, guys, and welcome to Donut Life Museum! I hear you guys are on your senior trip, is that correct?"
"Yes!!"
"Okay, so today we're going to giving you guys a thorough history on donuts, a donut-making class, and a special treat at the end." Everyone 'ooo'd and 'Ahh 'd. I love donuts. They bring back good memories.

"Good morning, sweet pea! Did you sleep well?" I smiled.
"Yes! Mommy, today is donut day!" I said while sitting on her lap.
"Yes, it is! Did you and Noah make your beds and tidy up your rooms."
"Yeah, we did!" Mom looked at our rooms and she was pleased. Still in my pj's, we ran over to the really nice grocery store and went over to the bakery section.
"Good morning guys, it's donut day again, isn't it?"
"Yeah! And good morning Mr. George." Mom lets us pick two donuts each. I usually get a vanilla frosted one with sprinkles and an apple crumble! Noah gets strawberries and chocolate.
"Thank you, Mommy!"

It's kind of sad that we don't do that anymore. Moving on, the first thing we did was take some pictures. There were a bunch of different spaces. I mean one was even styled like a nursery.

"Hilary, come take a picture with me!" So we spent a very long time take all of these crazy pictures at the different sets

"Hilary, come take a picture with me!" So we spent a very long time take all of these crazy pictures at the different sets. I think we're going to cringe at this not too long from now, but they were fun to take.
"We can't take you guys anywhere." I sighed and covered my face.
"Get up, Ethan!" I pulled him up and we laughed it off. I wonder what's next.
******************
The Rollerskating Rink (Leia's Perspective)
We were really hungry after we skated so Mr.Moreau bought Chrissy and me some nachos and burgers. But don't tell Lucy, she's not supposed to know.
"Your trick is really cool! Can you teach me how to do it?" I asked him.
"I could when you're a bit bigger. I have to warn you though. It takes lots of practice."
"So you fall on your bum a lot?" Chrissy asked.
"Yes, but then you get up and try again." I took a bite of my burger.
"It's kind of like dance. You practice a lot until you get it." I said.
"That's very true. It's the same with almost everything you do in life. You may not get it the first time, but if you put in the work, you can get better."
"I'm going to practice roller skating as much as I can! I wanna be as good as you!"
*********************
The Donut Life Museum (Bella's Perspective)
So we just got out of the museum and it was awesome. We all walked away with some....rather interesting-looking donuts.

"My god, what are you doing?! We're not making munchkins we're making regular donuts."
"Hey, this class is meant to envoke creativity! I'm being creative. I'm making mochi donuts."
"How are you making mochi donuts without the mochi?" I asked Porter.
"Look I'm getting the style of the donuts with the circles. You're clearly not seeing my creative vision. You girls are a bunch of haters." He joked.
"Whatever. It'll fall apart when it cooks anyways."
"Why don't you focus on your shitty donut, you're busy obsessing over mine. Fan behavior."
"Fan behavior?? When did you start saying that?"
"When Daviana started saying it." I smiled.
"Is she nice?" I asked.
"Very."

"Look at my Patrick donut!" Kelsie excitedly showed me her donut.
"Awww, it's so cute! The eyes are so adorable."
"You guys spent your time making that?! You could've just had fun and made a mochi donut like I did."
"Damn, you just don't ever shut up." At the moment, we were on the bus headed towards a restaurant for lunch. I was keeping up a pretty chipper mood in front of my friends, but to be honest with you I had something on my mind.

Mom: Hey Bell, do you still want to talk about that thing you were telling me about?

My thumbs twiddled around the phone screen and I didn't know what to do. Mom and I have been doing really good lately. I don't want to ruin it by lying. But at the same time, I gotta deal with some of my feelings on my own.

Me: No, I figured it out. Thanks for asking though.

To be continued~