Chapter 48)

Fun fact-

The black widow spider eats her mate during of after sex. The hungry spider can eat as many as 20 lovers—in one day.

Really took "eat them up" to the next level huh.

𝗟𝗲𝗼'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩~

Carefully moving her body next to mine i wrap my arm around her small waist and grab ahold of her hand. I lace our fingers together and bring her hand up to my mouth and place a light kiss onto it. "We're all safe now" i place our hands on top of her small belly and stroke soothing circles until she seems to fall asleep in my arms. Not long after, I fall asleep too knowing that she is safe in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 week later-

In a week, Elena has only woken up a couple of times. Each time she was delirious and unsure where she was. They really did a number on her.

It broke my heart to answer each time, telling her that she was safe. She looked at me with wide eyes and then fell asleep again out of pure tiredness.

As for Dante, he only got away with a sprained ankle. He's says it's getting better but every time he walks on it, a shriek escapes his throat and he hops around like his ass is on fire.

Axel had a cast put on his arm, as promised Dante wrote tiny dicks on whilst Axel was sleeping. The next morning Dante woke up with a black eye and bruised lip so we can all take a guess who did that.

Cora got away with a minor concussion and bruising. At least we got out alive. That's all that mattered.

"Leo.. why am I in a hospital bed?" She asks for the third time. I sit up from the chair next to her bed. Engulfing my hand with hers I repeat what I've said to her before. "Your safe now, he can't get to you any more."

She slowly nods and rests her head more into the pillow. A knock sounds at the door, Elena jumps out of her skin at the sudden noise. She looks over to me and squeezes my hand tighter.

"It's ok darling. Just the doctor" I reassure her. "Ok.." Her voice holds hesitation.

"Hello Mrs Hernandez, I'm doctor jones. I've just come to check up on how your doing" Doctor jones says. I'm his arm holds a clipboard board whilst he twirls a pen around in between his finger.

"If you could just lift up your sleeve so i can test your blood pressure that would be lovely" he gives her a warm smile. Elena's movements are slow, calculated. She watches his every movement not even blinking.

She needs to know that she's safe again. That no one can hurt her ever again.

Doctor jones wraps the Velcro strap around her arm and stares at the small screen displaying Elena's blood pressure. "Her blood pressure seems to be a little high as expected however thats nothing a little rest and no stress can ease it up"

He turns to me and unwraps the strap from her arm. "She should be able to go hope today if the rest of my tests are clear" Doctor jones begins to do other minor tests on Elena like how her breathing is. How the stitches on her body are healing correctly.

I just sit in the silence of the room listening to the quiet shuffling of feet and mumbles. "It seems that she is fit to go home! Ill get her discharge papers so you can sign and be on your way" with that the doctor leaves the room.