Chapter 41)

Fun fact:

Dolphins sleep with one eye open.

🎶oNe eYe oPeN wHeN Im sLeEPiNg🎶

I had too sorry.

𝗟𝗲𝗼'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩~
"Dmitri Ivanov" he grunts out and walks away, slamming the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~

1 week.

It's been 1 week since I've seen her. 1 week since I've heard her laugh or see her smile. 1 week. I'm slowly going crazy.

It's been too long.

Anything could have happened to her. To our baby.

Our baby.

My child.

Now our baby has been brought into all of this. A world that they shouldn't have been born into. Yet they're going to be.

Only small amounts of progress have been made in set of finding her.

Just yesterday I sent a team out to look around my old wear houses hoping that she was being held there.

I'm still waiting for them to reply back with any news.

It's been too long already.

All we know is who took her. We know what they're going to do, and we know what's going to happen if I try and get her back.

The Russians would use our baby as leverage. Of course they would. They have nothing that is more important to me than my family. My Elena.

I run my hand through my hair and down towards my face. The light stubble forming on my chin.

I've not had time to care for myself. I need to find my wife.

"Leo!" Dante and Gabi both stumble into my office. Dante's hair is longer too. Gabriela has been trying to get him to grow his hair out. I guess she finally got what she wanted.

It was quite clear that they were together. Both of them going to the bathroom, coming back with forming hickeys on their necks. I picked two and two together a while ago. I'm not bothered by it. They can both do as they please, I'm not in charge of who they can and cannot see.

"What" I sit up in my seat awaiting what they have to say. This better be good.

"I think we found her." Gabi gleams. I stand up in my chair causing it to move backwards. Dante nods and looks at a post-it note in his hand.

"There's three places." He starts. "She's either in Russia, like we were expecting. She could be in America in one of your other wear houses. That was Gabi's idea" he clearly points out. She rolls her eyes and slaps his chest.

"Or.. she's in Italy" he doesn't say anything after that. He's unsure about Elena being in Italy. The dead silence in the room kind of gives it away.

"What makes you say Italy?" I take a sip of my whiskey. Elena would be mad that I hadn't been taking good care of my self, or my health.