49

Pov - Author's

"Oh come on! You're the one who picked dare!" Felix yelped out as he casually strolled down the hall, following after a very fast walking Minho. Who was indeed trying to shake off the nuisance, but had no luck in the end.

The older stopped making Felix run into his back. "Fine," the man spoke up to about a whisper as he peaked back at his friend. "But you have to promise not to tell him the truth."

"Isn't that a bit mean though?"

Minho thought about it for a second, before waving it off with a shake of his head, "No."

●●●

Talk of Jeongin went around the school, mostly people being upset, but still happy that their little sunshine wasn't hurt. He had just been discharged from the hospital not that long ago and was making a great recovery, except for the wounded thigh that was bandaged tightly.

But everyone was super nice to him, making sure to help him with anything he might need. Even if he didn't need the attention.

It was time for lunch and as the two boys entered the cafeteria, Minho was already shaking. Scared to death about talking to his crush. Well, a crush he was starting to like more and more everyday.

The man even took him out constantly after the whole Jeongin incident and their relationship got so much better. No more toxic feelings being pushed into the mix and just overall love from both parties. Maybe that would change today, but neither of them knew.

Thanks to the youngers dare, Minho walked away from the basketball team and rushed over to grab a mic off the stage. Inside that lunchroom was a small stage that kids could put on little concerts when they wanted, with the permission of the principal. Felix even went as far as asking for the principles help and he was down for it.

Speakers had started lighting up, but no one took notice as they started talking with friends and the curtains hadn't opened up. Laughter echoed through the room as teenagers got rowdy, but Minho could barely hear it as he gripped onto the microphone super harshly.

It's just a dare... he thought. His breathing exercises working against him as he felt sufficated from nerves. But he had to do it, he would eventually do this, so why not now?

It was a perfect time and what makes it even better was that the whole school was there, please note the sarcasm.

But as it grew closer to the time he calmed down, rubbing his sweaty hands onto his ripped jeans as he signaled for the curtains to be opened.

●●●

"Where's Minho?" Jisung was the first to point it out as Felix sat down next to his boyfriends' sides.

The younger didn't want to give anything away so he just shrugged, hazardlessly moving his head around in confusion. Little did any of the guys see the small smirk plastered on his face as he heard the soft music cutting through people's conversations.

Soon, everyone had shut up and turned towards the stage. A male stood in front of the school, mic in hand and obviously nervous. Taking a deep breath he spoke into the thing as he looked out into the crowd. Trying desperately to find the right person and once he did he smiled.

"This is for my amazing friend, Jisung."

Jisung couldn't take his eyes away from Minho's gaze as his jaw dropped, the first note and words falling out of the others mouth so seamlessly, so gracefully. And beautifully.

Minho was Beautiful.

Han Jisung.

Close

"Will you tell me about yourself, You who was seen from afar
I don't want to just watch without doing anything,
Yeah just tell me about you."

"There, far away, I can see you walking
I approach you fearlessly and ask about yourself
In the quiet tunnel, you with sports car, the noisy engine blares
The walls that were coloured black are all coloured by you,
I'm surprised by the feelings felt for the first time."

"Name, age, where do you live?
Too many questions, I know I'm being rude
I will cross the line just a little,
As I finally, avoid this road I was walking on unsteadily
I will look at you and rest for a bit,
I know I'm putting you out by doing this when it's our first meeting
I'm rambling a lot noisily, because it's my first time
Having these emotions too, so I'm still..."

"Not used to it babe, whatever I try to say,
What's wrong with me?
My heart flutters babe, even as I try my utmost to stay calm
My trembling voice, and awkward gestures
Speaking loudly for no reason again,
Even when you speak to me."

"I can but only speak like this, even when I pretend to be bold
When I look into your eyes, I still freeze
All of these emotions are foreign to me,
Even the emotions I'm feeling right now
They are all first time but I feel fluttered and looking forward to even the nervous moments..."

More lines of endearment went on as Minho finished the chorus, making sure not to look away from Jisung. As he sang he took slow steps off the stage, feeling the nervousness push away as he grabbed for the others hand.

Pulling him up and walking back onto the stage, singing the last line that went,

"Can you tell me now?"

"Jisung, will you be my boyfriend?"

●●●