11-05-2030

Dear Diary,

When I wake up, I notice Billy is right next to me. He stares at me, and I can't help but stay where I am. Billy asks me to get up and points a gun at me. I get up, and Billy gives me the same meal as yesterday. I get a little more time in my barrack than normal, and I go to a 'cleaning room', to take care of my hair, and to take a quick shower.

Afterwards, Billy calls me. I walk with him to a small room. Billy puts handcuffs on my arms. I'm taken outside, and to my surprise, Billy secures the handcuffs to a metal rod, preventing me from moving around. I see several other adults bolted to the rod on both sides of me. I feel helpless, as I can't move around. I'm forced to stay in this position for hours with no interruptions whatsoever. Billy and other children regularly throw a bucket of water on the adults, including me, while it's still a bit cold outside. This literally and figuratively gives me the chills. These kids literally allow no room for us to move on our own! I can't even move my hands or set a single step. I really start to suspect something with these kids is wrong! I really wish I could kill these children, or at least teach them a lesson, but I know I can't, or else these kids will try to kill me instead.

I try to move around, but the handcuffs have tiny hooks on them, which grip on my skin, causing a slight feeling of pain. This pain begins to intensify, implying something is done with these spikes. Maybe some irritating substance is put on them. I try to call for help, but the children put a piece of tape in front of my mouth and put cuffs on my legs as well. Then, I feel my hands tingling. I think that's just my hands sleeping. I realise, however, that that is actually an electric shock given from inside my body. I know I can't move around, so I still try to call for help. No children listen to me. The only thing I can hear is a distant voice from a child. I try to listen to it, and it comes closer every second. I can hear something like this: "Ha! You're trying to seek help? That doesn't work for an adult!" I feel helpless, but at least I can feel the outside air breezing over me, and that does feel a bit pleasant. However, I should be able to have at least some time outside, when I can walk around without a child. That's totally not true, as I can also see through the many 'no adults unless accompanied by a child' signs. I'm already a bit scared, but now I'm absolutely terrified by these children! I just can't stand his situation, et al. I get dreams of escaping and freedom. Freedom from slavery, from being forced to work by these kids. I do know there's no hope, but I can still dream of it.

I stand right next to Izzy, and I want to hug her, but I can't move around, nor can she. I keep myself in my position, to prevent these spikes from damaging the skin even further.

After hours of staying outside like this, Billy finally releases the handcuffs from the steel rod. I get a feeling of relief. Finally, all this is over! I try to reach Izzy, but I can't truly run away, as my hands are still cuffed. Billy takes me to the same car in which I and Ellen came to the barracks, and then we're returned to the prison. There, I only get a glass of water. Then I end up in a basement. I'm strapped to a bed and Billy hits me on the back with a slapstick. He leaves me behind for another long period of time, after which he releases me from the bed and takes me back to my cell. Ellen is there as well, and I talk with her about life in the barracks. I notice that she lived in a different barrack than me, as I never hear about any contact between the two outside of working hours. Nor did I see her myself in my barrack at all. Then, Billy comes in with one glass of water for both of us. He says: "Ha! Was that fun for you? Well, at least it is for us children!" I want to say no, but as these kids are so powerful, I feel forced to say yes. Billy then walks away without even saying goodbye. How rude!? I try to call him back, but he still doesn't even say anything. He perhaps just wants to speak with his friends, I think. I'm right: I can hear children's voices in the background. I can even separate the voices as coming from different children.

I cannot fall asleep, as I start to get nightmares about these children. I realize I can never get out without a child, that this prison is inescapable, like Alcatraz. I always think about why these kids even chose to bother enslaving adults! I mean, if they really hate adults, they could just exterminate them. Billy then comes in and says the children need labour forces, for jobs they don't want to do. In addition, they hate adults because the adults forced kids to do chores, and the kids want to turn the tables. They want to commit revenge on the adults and want to have total control over them. It takes hours of thinking just to fall asleep. By that time, I'm exhausted almost to the point of no longer being able to move.