07-05-2030

Dear Diary,

After I wake up at 6AM and have the same meal as yesterday, I'm given a task inside the prison. I've got to cook some meals for the children. This makes me very sad, as these meals look way more yummy than the meals I get to eat. I try to grab a piece. Billy catches me in the act and screams to me: "That's mine!"

I see Izzy in the corner of my eyes. I turn my head,and she approaches me. She whispers: "Hello! Did you sleep well last night?" I responded: "I slept very well!", but she then says: "That looks so yummy! I want some!" Billy screams: "Ha! You can't get this meal! It's all for children!"

Izzy tries to grab Billy, but he gives her a punch in the stomach. Izzy screams and releases Billy. I hear her whisper: "I want to get out of this prison." Billy says: "You can't get out without a child!"

I'm a bit scared, as Billy is still speaking way too calmly for a child. But that is easily shadowed by the love I feel for Izzy. I hold her hands and try to walk away. Something holds me where I am. I look down and see a chain. The chain is attached to the cupboard below the counter-tops. I panic, as I hear an alarm go off. Billy says calmly: "Uh oh! Did you try to escape? That's it!", and scratches my leg. Then, all of a sudden, the alarm turns off.

Cindy walks to the kitchen where I'm working. She walks calmly, like an adult. She asks: "Is that your love?"I want to say yes, but I remember being hurt yesterday, when Billy noticed we're in love. I say no, and Cindy says: "Liar! I see your love! I don't want you to fall in love!", and puts a taser gun on my arm. She says:"If you don't stay apart, guess what happens next!" I continue to do my work, but I see my food is burned. Cindy says: "You're distracted! Soon, a fire may start!"

I notice a fire in the pan. I turned off the heating element and put a lid on the pan, to try and extinguish the flame. Billy comes in and angrily says: "Ha ha! How dare you aren't looking! That's it!", and he releases the chain. He takes me to a dark room, where I have to stay for 3 hours, with no explanation of what I did.

Now, I'm usually not afraid of the dark, but when a child puts you in a dark room, it can get creepy.

I was returned to my cell with Ellen and Billy. I ask Ellen: "When do you need to go to work?" She responds: "I already did my job!" However, I didn't see Ellen in the kitchen,so I asked: "What did you do today?" She responds: "I went to a factory to repair some machines." I asked: "Did you meet any children there?", She responds: "I met a little girl with a long tail on her hair. She's Alice. I played a 1:1football match with her. Of course, she won."

I look at my schedule card. 4:30PM to 9:30PM is my next work slot. I'm only given one glass of water, and one bowl, of cold soup. I look outside, but I can't open the window. I notice it isn't a window, but rather a TV connected to a camera. I tun off the TV. Billy asks: "What happened?", and I turn the TV setback on. He says: "O, you tuned off the TV. You can if you want to."

At 4:30PM, Billy calls me again. I walk to a bus,which is routed to a nearby power plant. I'm bolted on an exercise bike, and have to pedal for hours non-stop. I'm held up by means of a strap, which I can't open. I slowly see a meter go from 0% to 100%. I suspect that's a charging battery. I'm getting very bored and scared,as there's nothing to distract me from the thought that these whipper-snappers* literally use adults as a source of power! I want to say something, but even my mouth is shut. I slowly become physically exhausted. I can feel the sweat coming from my forehead. I occasionally feel an electric shock coming from the strap. I can feel the heart struggling to pump blood through my body, and eventually coming to a standstill.

Later, a little girl revives me with an AED. I see the tail in her hair. I think she's Alice. I carefully remove the Padside. While hearing short, consistent beeps, I ask the girl: "Are you Alice?" She says yes. I ask: "Well, what are you doing here?" She responds: "I'm the doctor here." I say: "Thank you for rescuing me! But I'm still exhausted!" The beep suddenly becomes constant, but I'm still alive! I ask: "Why does the AED beep when the pads are removed?" She responds: "The machine can detect a heart rhythm through ECG, and when the pads are removed, the machine can't detect a heart beat. This is because the machine may only give a shock in case of no or an incorrect heart rhythm." I thought that kid must know more than she should,which scars me off a little.

While the adults leave, I meet Izzy again. I slowly approach her and hug her, but Billy comes in and screams to me: "Leave her alone or else!", and tries to grab our arms. I try to get his arms off ours, but Billy responds with a punch in the heart.

I'm again returned to my cell, and go to bed with only a glass of water.

*That's another word for a child.