"It's Ava." Ryan finally looked up at the werewolf knowing that it might seem like a meaningless problem to her. "She hasn't returned any of my calls and I've left dozen messages." 

"And this is a problem because?"

"I even tried to call Alec ans see if he knew what was going on. But he didn't pick up either, and he's not one to miss a phone call usual."  Maia still didn't understand the source of her friends worry. Motioning for him to elaborate more. Ryan sighed heavily. "Maia last time this type of thing happened was when Valentine took them, and we ended up having to rescue them from an abandoned Subway tunnel guarded by circle members and they were both trapped in a coma." Ryan spoke very bluntly, now seeing Maia's eyes go wide and start to be consumed with the same worry that he was feeling.

"You think something happened to them?" She questioned and Ryan nodded. She thought to herself, racking her brain to see what it would come up with to help her friend in this moment. "Do you know where they were before she stopped picking up your calls?" Ryan's head perked up at Maia question. Groaning in a slight annoyance in a 'why didn't I think of that' way. 

"Yeah I do. The New York institute." 

________________________________________________________________________________ 

Isabelle pressed her phone to her ear for what felt like the thousand time in the past hour as a result of trying to get a hold of her little brother, Max. Yet again the phone went to voicemail, She'd been looking all over the institute for him or any sort of trace or clue to where her little brother may be. Huffing she dialing his number again, to be greeted with yet again the sound of his voicemail. She knew he was excited about going out on his first mission, but to the point of completely running off and going in without back up. " Max, where are you?" She asked leaving yet another message for the boy her voice quickly turning to one of anger "If you're out on mission alone, I'm gonna whip you..." Isabelle paused as she turned the corner notice a few spots of blood on the wooden floor. 

Shoving her phone in her pocket, Isabelle walked closer to the blood spots also seeing a recant, lined scorched mark burnt into the walls and floor of the hallway she was in. It almost looked like the outline of a portal, one that was made in a hurry and judging by how the blood spots weren't damaged in shape in any way, was made to get someone out. There were only two people that Isabelle knew that could have created a portal, leaving the burn marks in the small time frame. Her siblings Alec and Avalon, after all they were only at the institute a few hours ago. 

Like a gun going off, Isabelle was pulled out of her thought by the sound of the institutes alarms cutting through the air and invading her ears. She ran her way to the entrance, summoning her whip. already seeing a small group of Shadowhunters standing in the door way. Blades in had and confronting the intruder and sighing seeing that they were no real threat. "Everyone stand down." She yelled, making her whip form back into the bracket that she never took off. The group of Shadowhunters parted to reveal that is was non other than Ryan standing in the door way. Avalon's boyfriend. "Leave us." She said as the Shadowhunters walked away. "And turn off that damn alarm." 

"To you guys great everyone that way?" Ryan asked still a bit fearful, as Isabelle smiled in a joking manner. 

"Only the ones who come uninvited. Why are you here anyway?" She asked seeing how Ryan's body language went from tense to worry in a split second. 

"How long ago did Alec and Ava leave? I know they came here because Clary asked them too and me and Magnus were helping them with something."

"Well they left a few hours ago and what were you helping them with?"

"I can't say because someone could hear us . But Isabelle the last time something like this happened Alec and Avalon, not responding to any of ther calls or texts, they were taken by Valentine." Isabelle now understood the worry see saw on Ryan's face as she started to connect the dots in her head. With what happened in her office how, the twins were talking about Johnathan couldn't be saved, the blood spots on the floor and portal burn marks and Max now being missing. She choose her next words very carefully.

"Was this something you were helping them with happen to be about Clary's brother." She whispered, and Ryan nodded. 

"You think he had something to do with this?" He asked knowing that Johnathan was already walking among them as Sebastian. 

"If he did, we need to lock this place down. he could still be in the building." Isabelle turned on her heel with Ryan following after her, both not knowing them not knowing how the next few moments would play out.

A/N

Max Is at the Sanctuary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until next time. (I hope Alec and Avalon are alright)😫😫😫😫😫😫😫