Chapter 3

Danny {Marcus Hedbrandh}

Olivia's pov:

I took a deep breath as I stepped into the building of Chic Crave. The same pretty but grouchy receptionist was busy answering calls and typing away on the computer.

I walked over to her and cleared my throat to get her attention. She looked up with a fake, polite smile but as soon as she realized it was me, she scold and went back to work.

"Ummm, I'm really sorry about yesterday. I wanted to thank you for what you did because it got me the job. Sorry again and I hope you didn't get into any trouble, miss!" I said before turning to walk away.

"Scarlet."

I turned around to see the receptionist looking at me with a small smile. A real one.

"Scarlet? How ironic!" I giggled.

She rolled her eyes but I caught the small smirk on her face. Satisfied with her reaction to my apology, I walked away to the elevator.

Pressing the correct button, I took a deep breath as the elevator rose to the CEO's floor. I brushed off the invisible dust off my black blaser, red dress shirt, and black slacks.

Even though I already have the job, I'm nervous as hell. Mr. Jackson seems stony-faced, strict, and dour.

We're complete opposites personality wise and that worries me. Will we be able to work together? Can I handle this authoritarian man?

"Am I going to have to come get you out of the elevator everyday?"

I shrieked and looked to see Danny, hands on his hips and a smirk on his face. I scolded at him and walked out of the tiny space.

"No, I'm just nervous. Also, stop startling me!" I whined.

He snorted and walked back to his desk. I sent him a playful glare before walking to the entrance of the lion's den. I hesitantly knocked and walked it when he told me to.

My eyes widened when I noticed the new office arrangement. His stuff remained the same but in the once empty corner, a nice sized, mahogany desk covered neatly in office supplies.

"That's for you. It has all of what you will need to work here for me: pens, notebooks, laptop, etc."

I quickly turned around to Mr. Jackson. He wasn't even looking at me but instead doing something on his computer.

"Thank you, sir. Is there anything I can get for you?" I asked politely.

Is this right? I've heard so many people say this in movies. I hope that pleased the very sexy but meticulous man.

"Very good. You are learning. No, I am good for now but you can go organize your desk to your liking." he said without looking at me again.

I felt some anger bubble up inside me at his lack of respect and eye contact but I quickly popped it.

"Yes, sir." I forced out politely and walked over to my new desk before setting my red purse on top of it.

It took a few minutes before I was done. I look over to see him still nose deep in work and found myself getting bored. At least the teenager did things slightly entertaining to watch.

"Stop staring at me, Ms. Magic."

I blushed and looked away from the man. Dammit! I need to stop spacing out so much.

"Sorry, Mr. Jackson." I apologised, trying to calm down my flaming cheeks.

"Mmmm hmmm."

I was completely clueless what to do now. Thankfully after a few minutes, Mr. Jackson let out a relieved sigh and put away his now finished work.

In the Office (ManxTransWoman)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara