Chapter 13

{Strawberry Orchard}

Danny's pov:

Day Olivia was fired

I viscously chewed my bottom lip as I wrung my hands nervously. My coffee was getting cold and the barista stared at me wearily, however, that was the least of my worries. Olivia sent me away to talk to Thierry but why? What the hell could those two possibly need to talk about in private?

My anxiety made my stomach churn and I felt my leg begin to twitch. I looked at the clock, growing annoyed that only two minutes have past since I last checked. I've only been waiting for about fifteen minutes but I've never been a patient person. I feel as if I'm about to die!

I need to know what happen to Olivia. She was sassy, funny, and dramatic, just like me...well not exactly like me but that's beside the point. Ever since Olivia's night out with Thierry, something has been off about her.

She's been distant, reserved, and defensive, completely different from the girl I've became friends with. Now that I think about it, Thierry has been moodier than usual. He also became tense and snappy when I mention Olivia's mood change. Did something happen between them?

I know Thierry can be rough around the edges and difficult in general but he's not a bad guy. We've been best friends since kindergarten and I love the guy to death. He's had in rough in the past but he can open up to you if he can trust you. That's the hard part. Getting the man to trust you is harder than convincing a shark to stop swimming so it'll die. It's almost impossible! Honestly, I'm not even sure if the guy trust himself.

"Yeah, I saw her run out of the building, crying her eyes out. Poor girl must have been fired or something." I heard someone say beside me.

I was ripped out of my thoughts and turned to the two men. Who was he talking about?

"Oh really? I thought she would've lasted. She's been here longer than any other of Mr. Jackson's personal assistants. What was her name again?"

"Olivia!" I gasped.

"Yeah, that's it!"

I shot the guy a dirty look before jumping out of my seat. I ran towards out of the coffee shop and headed towards our personal elevators, ignoring everyone's looks. I pressed the button to the higher up's parking lot.

As soon as the doors opened, I rushed out to Olivia's usual parking spot. I cursed when I saw it was empty and whipped out my phone. I called and called but she never answered. Sighing in defeat and anger, I marched towards the elevator.

Thierry has some explaining to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present time

"Oooooh, Ollie, I'm soooo excited!" a certain blonde Southern belle squealed in my ear.

Madison couldn't stop smiling and bouncing around, looking adorable but being slightly annoying at the same time. Totiyuna just smiled and encouraged her giddy behavior.

I rolled my eyes and walked ahead of the two to catch up to my parents. The farm was cute and small. It was filled with miles and miles of strawberry bushes. We were walking the fifteen minute walk to the very back of the field, where the farmer told us the very best strawberries grew. I think he only told us because he was enchanted by the eager and beautiful Madison but whatever.