Chapter 22

Our lovely couple, Olivia and Thierry

Olivia's pov:

Well, as much as I would love to say everything has been peachy since Thierry and I have seemingly made up, I can't. It's been four days since he's awaken and he's slowly retreating into himself. To make matters worse, he refuses to allow his family or friends to visit. Based on how I'm constantly scolding him for ignoring them, I'm afraid my visitation access might be revoked.

However, the good news is that he's healing perfectly. He did seem upset by the fact that he would have a few scars but he's never spoke on it. Thierry won't talk about anything involving the incident. Trust me, I've tried but he's completely shut me down. Since I don't want him to completely shut me out again, I'm allowing it for now.

Currently, Thierry and I are tightly snuggled in his tiny hospital bed. His arms are affectionately wrapped around my waist as I am happily nuzzled under his chin. We just sat in a comfortable silence, which is quickly becoming a habit of ours. I don't mind it, even though I have a thousand questions running through my mind.

"I am hungry, are you?" he spoke suddenly.

Excitement grew in my belly as I eagerly nodded my response. As much as I love food, I wasn't necessarily excited about that. I was thrilled that Thierry's appetite seemed to be returning. He's lost a good amount of weight since the last time I've seen him so I'm ready to put back some healthy meat on his bones.

"What would you like, baby?" I asked, unwinding our bodies to reach the phone linked to the nurses call center.

I saw him shyly look away once he heard the nickname but mumbled for me to decide. Since he hadn't really eaten much here lately and I don't want to push his recovering stomach, I asked for two bowls of tomato soup, two grilled cheeses, and some packs crackers and salt. I then called for two iced waters and a Gatorade. We really need to build up his fluids.

Once I was done, I was immediately dragged back into Thierry's embrace. I giggled slightly when he groaned in contentment before kissing my head. I was loving how touchy and lovey Thierry has been acting. It was like a whole new side of him was born just to please my affection and attention seeking self.

Shortly after our food arrived and I got out of the bed. I brought Thierry his food and drinks over on his tray that dangles above him before grabbing mine and taking a seat in the chair next to the bed. I moved my chair a little closer so we could share his tray.

We continued our silence as we eat, fixating our eyes onto the TV playing reruns of his favorite soccer team, São Paulo. When he first told me about his love of the game, I was shocked. I didn't take him as a sports guys. I guess I don't necessarily know that much about him since he seems to love being dark and mysterious. However, I myself haven't opened up about everything, specifically what's between my legs.

"What are you thinking about?"

I turned my eyes to see Thierry staring at me, his eyes squinted and his lips pursed. A small smile reached my lips at his cuteness, causing him to frown.

"Stop staring at me and answer the question."

Cuteness gone.

"I was just thinking about how little we know about each other." I sighed, pushing away the tray.

I did a mental victory dance at the empty bowls and plates. My baby's appetite is growing! Thierry noticed my lingering stare at the tray and rolled his eyes. I pouted at him before resuming my earlier position beside him.

"You are right. We do not know a lot about each other. We should fix that, should we not?" he replied once I was settled.

"We should! Tell me about yourself, Mr. Thierry Jackson!" I said eagerly, happy about his newfound openness.