Chapter 18

{Unsteady ~ X Ambassadors}

Olivia's pov:

I woke up to my phone ringing. I groaned when I realized it was eight in the morning. Jeez, it's my day off and I'm being rudely interrupted from my beauty sleep. I grabbed my cell and read Danny's name.

"You better have a good-"

"OLIVIA! OLIVIA! PLEASE COME TO THE HOSPITAL! I-IT'S NOT LOOKING GOOD!" Danny wailed loudly, choking out a few sobs afterwards.

"Woah, calm down! I can barely understand you. What's happening? Who's in the hospital?" I panicked, shooting out of bed and gathering some clothes.

"T-Thierry! I can't explain right now! Please just hurry! We're in the ER's waiting area at the Mount Sinai Hospital. He's been in surgery for  hours! Olivia, hurry, please!" Danny explained through tears.

"I'm on my way. It'll be okay, Danny." I mumbled, trying to believe the words I was uttering.

"I hope so. I love you, Olivia. See you soon." he replied, trying to sound calm.

"I love you too, babes. Goodbye."

I hung up and quickly got dressed in a pair of athletic leggings and a tank top. I brushed my hair and put it in a messy bun. I took the time to at least wipe down a little before putting on deodorant and brushing my teeth. I slipped on some tennis shoes and grabbed my cell phone before heading downstairs.

I ignored my growling stomach and grabbed my keys. I walked out the door but was surprised to see Totiyuna and Madison pull into the driveway. Madison ran out of the car, still clad in her pjs while fat tears ran down her face.

"Sorry, but Danny called us immediately after you. I figured we could all ride together. I grabbed food instead of getting fixed up because we can't function on empty stomachs. It'd make the grief worse." Madison sniffled, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the car.

I happily complied, glad not to face the twenty minute ride to the hospital alone. Madison surprisingly hopped into the backseat before dragging me with her. She immediately shoved a hotcakes and sausage platter into my hands along with a hashbrown already covered in ketchup.

"Thank you." I mumbled before eating my food as quickly as possible.

As soon as I was done, Madison took the trash from my hands and placed it in a bag with her and Tot's empty trays. She then turned and cuddled into to me, her tears dampening my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back soothing. I looked in the mirror, expecting to see an angry Tot. However, she kept sneaking worried glances at her wife, no anger or possessiveness present what so ever.

Suddenly, I was hit with a strong storm of emotions. Tears began to wet my cheeks and my throat clogged up with grief. I may be nothing to Thierry but he's something to me. The love and care for him that I buried  and tried to ignore was beginning to resurface.

As Madison and I poured out our emotions onto each other, Totiyuna drove us to the hospital in a record time. We all grabbed McDonald's bags before rushing inside the hospital. After clearing everything with a nurse, we were allowed entrance to to the ER's waiting room.

As soon as we entered, I immediately found Danny sobbing into the crying Neal's chest in the small crowd of people. We all stumbled over and hugged the couple. My emotions only grew stronger as I hugged the two men. They are Thierry's best friends. I can't imagine their pain.

After a few minutes, we all broke free and wiped at our wet cheeks. I even saw Totiyuna wipe a few stray tears.

"Can I know what happened?" I asked softly, not wanting to cross a line or rile up emotions.