Chapter 27

{The Heart Wants What It Wants~ Selena Gomez}

Olivia's pov:

I smiled as I stepped into the law firm, excited to start my second week on the job. Mrs. Rameriz seems like she'll be a great boss, even if she is on the serious and strict side. It's nice to see such a strong and confident woman in charge though. I think I'll learn a lot from her.

I greeted Casper before taking the elevator up to my front desk/office station. As usual, Valentina was already there working away in her office. After setting my stuff down at my desk, I walked over to check on her. She was reading a file throughly while scribbling notes on a notepad.

"Good morning, Mrs. Rameriz! Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked politely.

"Oh, hello, Ms. Magic. I am fine at the moment. I made myself some coffee this morning. There's some left in the break room if you'd like some yourself." she replied, quickly looking up at me to flash a small smile before going back to work.

"Okay, thank you. Just let me know if you need anything." I replied, getting a nod in response.

I chuckled to myself as I went into the break room for some coffee. I poured myself a large cup and filled it with pecan praline creamer. Madison will die when I tell her about this stuff. It tastes just like a warm pecan pie cobbler, one of her favorite desserts. The little blonde probably needs it as she has a wild bunch of kindergarteners this year. Bless her.

I went back to my seat and got settled in. My job description fits more of the personal assistant side than it does the receptionist part. I'm only the receptionist of this floor, where only Mrs. Rameriz is located. The only calls and appointments I get are for her. I only handle her logs, transactions, memos, etc. I'm not complaining though. I enjoyed last week while learning the ropes. This job isn't necessarily rocket science and Valentina was very patient and understanding.

I haven't really made friends her yet other than Casper, who has been my lunch buddy a few times. He's very nice and bubbly, reminding of Madison a bit. He's from Nashville, Tennessee, and is thirty three years old. Casper has been here for eight years and loves his job. He's even been offered promotions but he chooses to stay where he is. He does get raises though since he won't take their other deals. He's been giving me the ins and outs of this place.

I've met Alejandra a few times for lunch since our buildings are only fifteen minutes apart. We're back on track to becoming great friends again. It's nice to welcome a new relationship into my life that's isn't romantic. Between Thierry and Kinder, I'm taking a break from the dating scene. Madison was right when she said I should focus on myself and find some happiness that doesn't lay in some man.

This job is actually pretty easy and laid back. None of the tasks take that long and I'm allowed to bring personal things to go in between those tasks and calls. As long as I'm not doing anything other than working in front of customers, I'm free to do almost anything I want. Casper gives me a phone call to let me know look out for people coming up. I will admit that I do get bored sometimes but the pay is amazing and so are the people who work here. The phone rings and I am quick to answer it.

"Hello, this is Mrs. Valentina Rameriz's office. How can I help you?"

"Hey, it's me, Valentina. I appreciate you being so friendly and formal but I'll make sure to write down Casper's and my numbers so you know it's us. Actually, I'll give you everyone in the firm's number along with their department and title. Anyway, I was calling to ask you to please order my lunch from Ramen Box and get it delivered here. I want the dragon sushi roll and seafood ramen. Use your company card to pay for it. Feel free to order from there as well free of charge. Please bring it to my office once it gets here. Thank you."