Chapter 20

Olivia's pov:

Three days have passed and not much has changed. However, I was the only one in the waiting room today.

Someone has to run Thierry's company while he recovers so Danny and Neal are the men for the job. Theirry's family is actually house hunting, deciding that Thierry's going to need them all here in the US with him.

Both of Thierry's parents are retired so this is no problem for them and they already have their American citizenships, along with their children as well.

Remuydo just finished Med School and coincidentally already had a internship with this very hospital. He was planning to surprise Theirry when he was suppose to come down in a few months but he doesn't mind coming down earlier.

Miguel's always wanted to come open a fancy Brazilian restaurant in America. Isadora graduated last year with a Master's in Business and she plans to move with her family over here to put it into good use. Perhaps, Thierry will even hire her.

I myself have taken a week off of work, using all of my vacation days. I was grateful that I was allowed to use them since I haven't been with the company long. I am secretly hoping that Thierry will rehire me eventually so we can work together. Now is obviously not the time to bring that up.

My thoughts were interrupted by my cell phone ringing. I grabbed the device and paled a little at the name.

'Kinder Morgan'

I debated on ignoring his call but I knew I couldn't do that to him. I sighed before accepting the call.

"Hi, Kinder"

"Hello, gorgeous."

I would be lying if my heart didn't swoon at his deep, smooth voice. He was perfect in almost every way. My ideal dream guy.

'He's not Thierry though'

Yep, he's not the man my stubborn self had to go fall in love with. That was his only flaw.

My face lit up in a cheesy grin at the thought of Thierry but I was interrupted by Kinder's confused voice.

"Olivia? Are you there? Hello?" he asked worriedly.

"Oh, sorry, I'm here! What can I do for you?" I mumbled sheepishly.

"Why so serious, baby? I just wanted to hear your voice. When are you coming back to work? I miss you." he rushed out, affection and warmth seeped into his voice.

"Oh, Kinder, I miss you too. There's something I need to tell you though."

"Really? Is everything okay?"

"It will be. Can we meet for lunch? I know your break is soon."

"Of course, babe. I'll see you at that diner we went to on our first date in about thirty minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Olivia!" I heard a voice call out in the small diner.

I looked up to find Kinder sitting at a booth, frantically waving me over with a huge grin. I couldn't help but smile back as I walked towards him. When I got to the booth, he got up and hugged me tight. I rested my head on his shoulder and squeezed him with all my might, slightly regretting what I was about to do.

"How are you, babe? You've haven't been replying to any of my texts or calls." Kinder asked as we sat down, confusion and hurt clear in his voice.

I looked down in guilt, my lip trembling slightly. I felt a warm, comforting hand grab mine and give it a sweet squeeze. I sighed and removed my hand from his before looking up at him.