Chapter 23

{AN: This long chapter will mention heavy talk of rape, depression, and suicidal thoughts. This might trigger some readers. Please be careful. Although the characters in this story are fake, these are very real events that happen to people everyday. The picture above list crisis hotlines and I have also retyped two of them below this message that deal with the topics being discussed in this chapter. There is always help available to you. Please stay safe and healthy. I love you, my little swans.}

National Sexual Assault Hotline
800-656-HOPE (4673)
online.rainn.org (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-TALK (8255)
suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Olivia's pov:

I breathed a sigh of relief at those words. He was finally going to let his family see him. After all these years and the weeks that they have been feet apart, this family was going to be reunited. It warmed my heart.

"Okay, I'll get them now." I gently replied, a small smile playing on my lips.

He nodded before turning to look at me. His eyes were glossy and his lips trembled slightly. I immediately wrapped my arms around him, pushing his face into my neck as I kissed his head. Thierry sagged against me before wounding his arms around me gently.

"I am scared."

I barely heard the whispered words against my neck. I let out a choked sigh and squeezed him tighter. I wish I could help him. I want to take away his pain, to make all this memories of what happened go away. I can't do that though. However, I can help him through whatever he's going through. I'm in this relationship for the long run and I'm never letting go.

We just held each other in silence for a few more minutes, finding comfort in each other's arms. Thierry broke away and immediately gripped my chin, pulling my lips to his. The kiss was sweet but passionate and I smiled when he pulled away.

"Okay, I am as ready as ever I will be."

I ran my hands through his hair a few times before kissing his forehead once again. He playfully scrunched his nose and wiped the spot off like a child would his mother. We both laughed softly, a much needed moment needed during this time.

"I'll be right back. I won't send them all back at once because that would overwhelm you. They're all very excited to see you." I stated, stepping away towards the door.

"Okay, just hurry before I change my mind. I cannot believe I am doing this." he groaned.

I chose not to comment but instead to dash out the door to get to his family. I knew Thierry wasn't joking.

After my outburst, I was not surprised to see the family all anxiously awaiting my return. I offered them a giant smile as I stopped in front of their huddle.

"Thierry has finally agreed to see you!" I cheered, pulling them in for a group hug.

The family wrapped their arms around me and began spouting cheers in Portuguese, which I of course did not understand.

"Oh, meu menino! Eu vou ver meu menino!"

"Finalmente! Eu estava prestes a tentar voltar lá novamente!"

"Eu estava prestes a chutar a bunda dele!"

"Cale-se! O que estamos esperando? Vamos ver o Thierry!"

We they broke the hug and started heading for Thierry's room, I immediately stopped them. They all stared at me in confusion and frustration.

"I know you guys are excited but we don't want to overwhelm him. He hasn't seen any of you in years and still seems to hold some hard feelings about whatever happened. I will be staying with him the whole time. And I know this seems harsh but I have an order set up for who should come back when as I want this to go as smoothly as possible for Thierry. And you guys too of course." I said quickly, nervous to be taking such a protective and demanding stance against his family.