Chapter 29

{Runnin' (Lose It All)~ Naughty Boy ft Beyoncé & Arrow Benjamin}

Olivia's pov:

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked.

We were sitting on my couch, facing each other. He seemed nervous and uncertain, which made two of us. My heart was pounding a mile a minute and my palms felt sweaty. The alcohol was just about completely out of my system at this point, the nerves chasing the high away.

"I....I want to apologize for how I handled things when you told me that you were a trans woman. I overreacted and should not have told you to leave. You trusted me with your secret and I did not give you the same respect as when you learned mine. I just wanted you to know that I have been getting help and am actively changing my behavior and attitude. It was long overdue. My past can only excuse so much."

Wow. He sounded so sincere and firm. I can tell he has thought all of this out and is being very serious. It was very nice to hear that he regretted how that night went down. When, he realized I wasn't going to respond, he continued.

"I have discovered a lot about myself in our time apart. I have dysthymia, post-traumatic stress disorder, and alcohol addiction. I am demisexual, which is in the asexual spectrum. It means I do not experience sexual attraction unless I form a strong emotional connection with someone. You are the very first personal I have ever been romantically and sexually attracted to. I knew you were different the moment you walked into my office. I was ignorant and stubborn back then, which is why I was desperate to push you away. I know now that I went about it the wrong way about it. I wish I could turn back time and just jump head first into a relationship with you. It would have saved a lot of confusion and heartache. I am here tonight though. I will not lie to you. I am very much in recovery still and might always be. I will mess up and hurt you. I will say and do stupid things. But I want to be with you. I want to talk long walks on the beach and eat ice cream with you. I want to take you all over the world and spoil you. I want to wake up next to you in my bed every morning. I want to do all that cheesy, cliché couple things. I want to be the man you deserve and then some. Olivia Magic, I want to commit to you and love you fully. I know we have to take things slow but will you be my girlfriend...again?"

Before I could respond, Thierry dropped to one knee and held out a box. He opened it to reveal a pink gold Cartier necklace. Thierry looked at me anxiously as I simply stared at him in shock. I took the necklace and held it in my hands delicately to inspect it closely. It was a simple chain that had two rings linked together. I saw 'O' engraved in one ring with 'T' on the other. It was beautiful. I placed it back in the box.

"I'm overwhelmed. This was not I was expecting. When you didn't show at the party, I thought that we were officially over. You really hurt me that night. I wasn't sure if you found me disgusting or a freak. I've been thinking and pining over you for over a month now, wondering if you still cared. I have also took the time to focus on myself as well during our separation. I got a new job and some new friends. I've started to live a life without you. I'm really happy." I responded.

He looked down and closed the jewelry box. I watched him sheepishly rejoin me on the couch, looking confused on where to continue. He began to nervously pull up his collar and scratch his neck. I took the time to take in his appearance. It's great to see him again. He looked as handsome as ever. He looked happier and healthier. I could tell that something has definitely changed in him.

"I need you to understand that I've always stood by you, even when I didn't know what was wrong. You've pushed me away many times and I kept coming back time and time again. I've offered you my heart many times and you took that for granted. However, I can tell that you want to be better. We both don't want a repeat of history. Danny has been telling me about all your accomplishments and strides in your recovery. Even if I wasn't there to witness it, I've been very proud of you. I'm willing to give us another chance. I want to be there to continue to support you. I want to be your peace and give you strength. I want to fall deeper and deeper in love with you. So yes, Thierry Jackson, I will be your girlfriend again."