Chapter 9

AN: Well, my swans, I failed to do a speedy update...again. I honestly feel like I'm failing you guys. I'm so sorry but I'm not going to promise anything or say I'll try to get better because it's basically been a lie because I'm almost getting slower at updating. Please don't be angry or disappointed. I truly love and appreciate all of you and you guys deserve so much better, not just in updating but in writing too. :(

Olivia's pov:

"Are you okay, you've been acting strange ever since last night when you and Thierry got back from the Eiffel Tower?" Danny asked while sitting in Neal's lap.

His faced was etched in concern but he seemed somewhat relaxed while he played with his husband's hair. I sighed and toyed with the straw in my glass of coke. We were sitting on my hotel room's balcony, just having finished lunch.

"I'm fine, just sad that we have to leave Paris tomorrow afternoon." I lied smoothly.

"Ah, that's understandable. I love it here. I wish I could afford to buy a vacation home here and visit whenever I want. That would be so amazing." Danny sighed dreamingly.

"Maybe if you didn't have a shopping addiction, we could afford that vacation home." Neal teased.

Danny glared at him and roughly yanked his hair. Neal winced in pain but chuckled nonetheless. Danny huffed at the lack of agony his husband expressed and just went back to carding his fingers through the glossy, black locks, much to Neal's pleasure.

"Olivia, are you sure you're okay with us leaving you all day? I don't mind ditching the loser when its night time to go paint the town red with you." Danny offered.

"I'm not a loser." Neal grumbled with a slight pout.

"Hush, darling."

I chuckled and told the love birds to have fun. Danny still looked reluctant as they were walking out the door but I could tell the two were excited to explore the romantic city alone.

"Bye, Olivia! Have fun but text me if you change your mind!" Danny called as the couple headed towards the elevator.

"Will do! Enjoy your time together!" I replied just before the doors closed.

I sighed once more before closing the door to my room. I went to the kitchen, fixed myself a large glass of red wine, and made my way back out to the balcony.

I sipped the holy water as I pondered over last night's events.

"What makes you so different?"

"Call me Thierry."

What did he mean by those words? And that kiss?!

My lips tingled and a shiver ran up my spine. His lips were as soft as summer rain and as sweet as honey. The kiss was filled with so much passion and hunger that he had to wrap his arms around my waist to keep myself from tumbling to the ground. It only lasted for about eight seconds but it was the best kiss I've ever had. I felt so...happy.

But, it was only a kiss. As soon as the man removed his lips from mine, he looked at me with so much hurt and anger that I felt my overexcited heart stop. He didn't say a word as he spun around and stomped away from me.

I only stared in shock at his retreating figure. The reality of what had happened crashed down on me as soon as he disappeared from my sight. I abruptly turned around to lean against the railing. I bit my lip and tried to keep myself from crying in vain. It didn't take long for my emotions of confusion, hurt, and fear to overwhelm my body and I started to weep.