"We thought it would be better to tell you in person." Clary reasoned, using her calm voice making Avalon give them her classic really face. 

"Are you sure there isn't any other reason you called us here away from our safe place?" She questioned. Both her and Alec noticed the shift in all of their body language, giving them the answer. Avalon huffed. "What else do you want?" 

"We would like to know where the mirror is." Isabelle said in a monotone voice giving away the guilt she felt. "For the record this part wasn't my idea." 

"Was it the Clave's?" Alec questioned, with everyone nodding. He sighed. "Well sorry to disappoint you all but we'er not going to tell you." 

"Why not?" Clary asked, confused.

"Well you just said that your brother is working with your mad man of a father so they could be listening to what we say right now since Valentine probably had help fro someone in this institute when he escaped." Alec explained and Jace shrugged in agreement.

"He's got a point." This caused Avalon to turn her head to the blonde. 

"Your agreeing with us?" 

"Don't get used to it." 

"Anyway." Alec said taking back the conversation. "All you need to know is the mirror is somewhere where no one can get it. Its safe Me and Ava make sure of that." That part of the story was true. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Two years ago

Alec and Avalon stood at the foot of Lake Lynn under the pitch black night sky, with sparkling jew stars. They looked back to that city of  Alicante seeing the glass  towers a glow in the distance. "You sure this is going to work?" Avalon questioned her brother as they turned their attention back to the still lake in front of them. Just under an hour ago, with the help of the warlock Magnus Bane the twins woke up from having hallucinogenic dreams and visions while the Mortal mirror called out to them. Which turned out to be the Lake they were standing in front of at this every moment. The lake was the mirror, the water was its glass which contained it power. That also meant that if  the mirror called out to its guardians. It was time to collect the long regarded lost instrument that was basically sitting under the Clave's noses. 

"Not really." Alec replied very unsure if what they were about to do wasn't going to back fire in front of them. "Just focus on the water and drawing the power out."

"Because that doesn't sound difficult at all and not at all crazy." Avalon said with sarcasm dripping from her voice earning her a glare from Alec. "Sorry. But you doing you hear yourself right? We have to some how make the water in front of us into an lost object of the Shadow-world."

"Let's just try ok?" 

"Ok, promise me one thing first."

"What?" 

"That you'll ask out Magnus after this, and before you get all defensive remember we share a psychic bond. I feel what you feel." Alec couldn't help but blush at this thinking of the warlock. But shook it off seeing Avalon take a breathe letting her markings glow gold with her brother copying her, allowing his own markings to glow before their eyes joined in the golden glow, as well as the lake. 

The water started to shimmer bubble with a golden almost angel like power being felt in the air as strings, swirls a type of energy was drawn from the lake, coming towards the twins. Avalon held out her hands as the floated to her hands, staring to materialize an ancient looking mirror right in front of her. Both her and Alec watched as the last of the lakes power was drawn into the glass of the mirror and glow of the lake died down. 

"That was easier that I thought." Alec stated as he and Avalon looked at the mirror in his sisters hands. The runes carved around the edging only added to the power that the twins felt from the object. "Now to cover our tracks so to speak."  Alec muttered, with Avalon looking at him confused. 

"Um how?" Alec didn't responded, walking to the waters edge, touching the deep water. A small golden flash took over the water before disappearing again. "What'd you do?" 

"Just a spell so the water will have the same power as that-" Alec pointed to the mirror in Avalon hands . "-but not the power of the mirror itself ." 

"Smart, now lets go." They both smiled knowing that they had one of the instruments in their grasp with two to come when they were to be called upon.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"But his is Valentine we'er talking about."  Jace protested. "His goal is to raise the angle and use the wish for his own twisted doing. And we all know what he wants."

"To destroy the Downworld." Isabelle state the fact everyone knew. "Knowing him though he'll find some way to do it without the instruments. Do you guys know if that's possible?" She questioned her siblings who shook their heads but both secretly knowing the truth to their sisters question. 

"He'll have Johnathan's help with that." Avalon said directing the word to Clary. "He can't be saved." 

"You don't know that." Clary said in a small but strong voice.

"Yes we do Clary. He wouldn't be working with your father unless he wanted to. Not because he didn't have a choice, because he wanted to for himself." Clary looked down at the ground considering her friends words. "We have to go, but before we do we'll tell you one thing about the mirror."

"What about it?" Isabelle asked with curiosity. 

"It was one thing-" Alec spoke. "-But now it is another. the thing we heard in our head when it called to us. Reflect on that which can be distorted."

"What the hell does that mean." Jace snapped, not understanding a single word of it.

"You'll figure it out." Alec smile before he and Avalon left the office, with everyone being in a mixed state of emotions. 

A/N

What'd you all think? I like the mirror and lake part the most personally. Until next time. 

Picture of the mirror.