During our conversation, Samantha announces it was her birthday today so she dressed fashionably. We both chatted about our plans during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I was never really a fan of the Thanksgiving holiday. What's there to be excited about? Besides praying, food on the table, rehearsing the same traditional routine. Growing up I never really felt that Thanksgiving spirit. It's always been Dad, my grandparents coming over, my little cousins, and me setting the table. My lightest memory of that one special Thanksgiving holiday when I think was about six was my mom throwing a block party. The vision is still blurry in my head but I remember a lot of love from my mom that day. I wonder how this year Thanksgiving would feel like now that our family is extended.

At the end of our conversation, she invited me to hang out at Freddy's to celebrate with a couple of girls. Everything sounds flattering but I had a lot of homework later. "— Freddy's lounge sounds good! Do you reconsider maybe?" Samantha invited me with a special birthday card.

"Uh, Samantha I wish! But I have a class trip to the zoo." I excused.

"Great!" Samantha exhale.

"I'm sorry." I mouthed. She nodded and I pasted a small smile. I turned back around to my locker. I feel like our conversation was over from here.

Grabbing the metal lock, I leisurely put in the combination after closing the locker door when collecting my belongings. I had to get ready. There was a class trip today.

"Welcome back Samantha! Morning Carly!" greeted Mr. Finley when passed us.

"Good morning!" We chorused.

Soon after I felt someone hugging me from behind. "Miss me?" Butterflies began to sting around my stomach. I knew exactly who it was. Ryan Hemsworth. He scoops my arms around his neck and plants several kisses on my tongue. I finally gave in by planting a kiss on his plump lip after we burst out of laughter.

"Hey, sunshine!" He planted a wet kiss on my forehead.

"Hi!" I smuggled.

"Where are you going? You really look perfect right now love!" Ryan playfully messes with my bun hairstyle. I pouted when it looked messy. He notices and adjusts my hair neatly. I can tell he was in a really good mood today. I haven't seen Ryan this energetic for a while.

"Uh, did I miss something over the weekend? Life is all rainbows and butterflies." I chuckled.

He unzips his blue jacket revealing a patterned shirt. "A surprise. I'll tell you later."

Aww!! Can't wait to find out.

I wanted to ask more about it but Ryan's attention finally went to Samantha when he notices her standing beside us watching everything. He ogles his blue eyes at her while she twirled a piece of hair with fingers.

"Happy birthday Sammie." Ryan compliment with a voice so low.

"Uh, thank you! I didn't think you would remember." Samantha batted her eyes several times.

"Unfortunately." He said with no expression but with a jokingly tone.

"So," I began.

"So." They chorused.

Silence fell between us. Everyone was glancing in a different direction. My mouth twitched when I notice the chemistry level decreased. Glancing between the two of them. Ryan was looking up at the ceiling and Samantha was busy flashing cameras. They both were afraid to look at each other. At least that's what I can tell based on the chaos. No one was ready to move on but I was over it.